Make this light and fluffy Keto Biscuit Recipe anytime a snack attack hits or there’s a pot of soup or chili that needs a side biscuit for dipping!
Keto cheese biscuits are a game-changer for people who love their bread but not the carbs. These drop biscuits bake up brown and crispy on the outside, but stay soft and fluffy on the inside. You can’t eat just one.
Keto Biscuit Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your BREADS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Keto Cheese Biscuits
- Easy to make and on the table in less than 30 minutes! Switch out the cheese to match the main dish.
- This recipe makes 4 biscuits, but they can be made smaller for 8 or 12 portions.
- Serve as a savory side or cut them in half and make sliders.
- Low-carb coconut and almond flour are used for the perfect combination of flavor and texture.
Ingredients and Variations
CHEESE – Even though this basic recipe is made with mozzarella cheese, any cheese will do. Just use the same amount the recipe calls for. Cheddar cheese will make a sharper flavored biscuit as will Swiss and Gruyere.
SEASONINGS – Stir in optional seasonings like garlic powder, dried thyme, rosemary, or oregano. Or a teaspoon or two of this DIY Southwest Seasoning or this homemade Keto Dry Rub Recipe for a new flavor profile every time.
How To Make Keto Biscuits
This makes a small but delicious and flavorful batch of keto biscuits.
- Combine both flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in the cheese.
- Add eggs and cream.
- Drop the dough in equal portions onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
For a meatier side dish try some Turkey Breast Cutlets with Dijon Sauce, Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Dijon Sauce (Keto/Low Carb), or as shown topped with creamy sausage gravy.
Tips For the Best Biscuits!
- For the best-looking biscuits, use a cookie or ice cream scoop dusted with a little flour in it to make uniform biscuits.
- Use real cream over milk or water to get that rich flavor and texture. Oat milk is a good non-dairy alternative if desired.
- Have the oven and baking sheets prepped and ready as soon as the dough is formed. Baking them in a preheated oven improves the rise.
- Bake in batches and freeze for future meals! Keep them in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks in the freezer.
Other Low Carb Baking
If you love low-carb baking, give these recipes a try!
- Basic Chaffle Recipe – excellent!
- Baked Cheese Meringues – light and airy.
- Mozzarella Cheese Crisps Recipe – 5-minute prep!
Keto Biscuit Recipe
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup mozzarella
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 Tablespoons cream or as needed
- Set oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix in cheese.
- Add beaten eggs and cream, and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Drop the dough into 4 large scoops on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 18-20 minutes.
- Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to make uniform sized and shaped biscuits.
- Be sure oven is preheated and baking sheets are prepped ahead of time.
- Make a double batch and freeze for future meals! Store frozen in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.