Quick and easy to make Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup is comforting, creamy, & low-carb!
This is the best soup recipe and it never fails to satisfy even the hungriest appetites! With simple, low carb ingredients, quick prep and a short cook time, this rich and velvety smooth chicken and cauliflower rice soup makes everyone at the table happy!
Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Loaded with healthy veggies and fiber-packed cauliflower, it’s a full day’s nutrition in just one bowl!
- One pot and a few easy steps make this delish soup a winner as a weeknight dinner or even a weekend prep soup for school or workday lunches! Easy to make and reheat!
- Tastes great even as a light, chilled summer soup alongside a tangy salad.
Chicken Soup Ingredients
VEGETABLES: Sauteed onions, carrots, and celery give the soup its hearty base flavor, but feel free to cook with other savory veggies like chopped broccoli or sliced brussels sprouts for an even healthier, heartier version.
SEASONINGS: Garlic, parsley, and thyme give this soup light and fresh herb flavor that complements the cauliflower rice and chicken. But, adding a spoon full of Italian seasoning or even some powdered Ranch dressing will give the soup a new dimension of flavor.
CHICKEN: Chicken is perfect for any kind of soup and chicken breast is always tender and mild flavored. But leftover chicken, ground meat like turkey or sausage, even pre-made mini meatballs make the dish easy and still low carb!
How To Make Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup
Take the traditional chicken soup recipe to a new level with fresh cauliflower rice and rich flavors that satisfy every taste!
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery in oil until softened & fragrant.
- Add garlic & herbs and cook down.
- Add salt, pepper, broth, & chicken. Cook per recipe below, then remove the chicken and shred
- Add heavy cream and cauliflower rice to the pot along with shredded chicken. Cook another minute and serve immediately.
PRO TIP: Garnish each bowl of soup with a squirt of lemon juice or a little lemon zest.
- Cauliflower rice is found in the frozen food aisle, but can be easily made from scratch! Simply cut a cleaned and dry head of cauliflower into quarters and grate each quarter over a box grater or grate in a food processor. Place the cauliflower rice in a colander lined with paper towels (or cheesecloth) and squeeze out the liquid. Spread cauliflower rice on a baking sheet and set aside until ready to use.
- Save some time and use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken for the chicken breast in the soup. It’s already seasoned and ready for shredding or dicing.
Other Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Recipes
Chicken and cauliflower are a match made in everyone’s kitchen! Check out these go-together recipes! Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese tastes great served with Lemon Rosemary Chicken. Try this tasty Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice, or make a delish Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole and serve it over Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto (Low Carb). And you can serve this creamy soup with a fresh Cucumber Feta Salad, or a colorful Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe.
Other Low Carb Soup Recipes To Try!
- Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup – a classic made low carb.
- Low Carb Cauliflower Soup – more cauliflower!
- Low Carb Beef Soup with Radishes – so different.
- Chicken Zucchini Soup – low carb/keto zoodle soup!
Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup
- ½ Tablespoon oil
- ½ onion minced
- 1 carrot large, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast
- 1½ cup cauliflower rice
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrots, and celery for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, parsley, and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper, broth, and chicken. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred. Add back to the pot with heavy cream and cauliflower rice.
- Cook for 1 minute and serve.