Make this delicious Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip for lunches or as an appetizer for a dinner party. It is a warm and comforting fix it dip that is quickly cooked in the Crock Pot and can be served as a dip with vegetables, chips, or pita.
Made with shredded chicken breast, sour cream, cheese, and hot buffalo sauce this is so similar to a cheesy and creamy casserole from the oven. It is easy to make and so fun to eat.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- The main protein for this meal is chicken breast. It is cooked and then shredded, thus making it easier to infuse the flavors of the buffalo sauce.
- This recipe calls for a homemade version of ranch dressing made with creamy sour cream and ranch seasoning. Just a few simple ingredients producing big taste!
- All that cheese! There is quite of bit of cheese in this recipe. Melted, cheesy, and creamy and then doused in sweet buffalo sauce, the shredded chicken pieces are just covered in flavor.
- And what’s more, this is great for those on the low-carb diet.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: This recipe calls for chicken breast that is cooked and then shredded. For ideas on how to make shredded chicken try the easy tips found in How to Make Shredded Chicken. The chicken is then added to the Crock Pot or Instant Pot for an extra slow cook with the sauce and cheese. A whole chicken cooked, and the meat shredded would also work for this recipe. Pressed for time? Try canned chicken instead of making and shredding a breast.
SAUCE : The buffalo sauce that is preferred for this recipe is Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce. This is a hot sauce but a little milder than other wing sauces.
DRESSING: Make this ranch sauce with just some sour cream and ranch seasoning. Making the dressing this way makes it easier to adjust the flavoring. If a strong ranch flavor is desired, then it just takes an added Tablespoon or so. To make it easier and quicker a pre-made ranch dressing can be substituted for the sour cream and spices.
CHEESE: Cream cheese and cheddar cheese are the delights of this recipe. The cream cheese makes the sauce creamy while the cheddar gives it that distinctive stringy goodness.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Two easy steps!
- Add all ingredients (minus the green onion) to the slow cooker. >
- Garnish and Serve.
Delicious Dippers to Use
This sauce can be used for dipping vegetables like celery, cauliflower, cucumbers. For those not on the keto diet, this dip is awesome with tortilla chips, low-carb crackers, or pita bread.
This dip should last in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. To freeze, place in an airtight container and it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, reheat in the oven at 350˚F until heated through.
Other Tasty Low Carb Dips To Try!
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip – delicious warm dip.
- Warm Bacon Dip – perfect for parties.
- Low Carb Crab Dip – for seafood lovers!
- Dill Veggie Dip (Keto/Low Carb) – perfect for veggies or low carb dippers!
- Easy Spinach Dip – so creamy and easy to make!
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
- salt and pepper optional, to taste
- Add ingredients, except green onion, to a 3qt slow cooker. Cook on high for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with sliced green onions before serving.