This is such a Simple Pesto Recipe with a fresh, bright taste!
Homemade kale pesto is creamy and so versatile. Make more than one batch of this easy low carb kale pesto sauce and watch it disappear. Without a doubt, it’s the best pesto sauce we’ve ever created!
Simple Pesto Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS & DRESSINGS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How Do You Make Pesto Sauce?
The key to a smooth and creamy pesto sauce is a food processor or counter top blender (work in batches). The food processor blends everything smoothly and evenly, and you can control the amount of olive oil to get the perfect consistency!
- First, toast the pine nuts in a sauté pan until fragrant and golden.
- Put everything except the kale and olive oil in the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add the kale, then slowly add olive oil until desired consistency.
How To Use Pesto Sauce
The possibilities are endless for kale pesto sauce! We love to use it as a:
SPREAD: Pesto is delicious as a spread for lettuce wrapped sandwiches or wraps.
TOPPING: Brush it over steak or chicken before or after grilling (or both!)
Can You Freeze Pesto Sauce?
- This is a great recipe for freezing in bulk! Chill finished pesto and scoop in freezer bags with the date labeled on the outside.
PRO TIP: Freeze pesto in ice cube trays and pop out a cube or two for your recipes! Pesto will keep about 6 months in the freezer, so why not make a few batches to last all year?
Perfect Recipes For Pesto Sauce
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – tender and juicy!
- Roasted Chicken Breast – family favorite.
- Roasted Pork Loin – easy prep!
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto – creamy and delicious.
- Mashed Cauliflower – simple recipe!
Simple Pesto Recipe
- 3 cups kale chopped and packed
- ½ cup pine nuts or walnuts or almonds
- ⅓ cup olive oil or more, up to ½ cup, if needed
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or more, to taste
- Place the pine nuts in a shallow frying pan and cook over medium heat stirring or shaking until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes. Cool.
- Combine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, parmesan cheese in a food processor and process until combined.
- Add kale and process until combined. With the processor running, add oil to reach desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
*Recipe from SpendWithPennies.