Make this restaurant-quality Low Carb Blackening Seasoning recipe in minutes right at home!
This bright, bold, savory, and a little bit sweet blend makes the best blackened seasoning you’ve ever tried! Did we mention it’s a sugar free recipe? Try it on everything from eggs to veggies, and popcorn to meat! This is one multi-purpose mix that you’ll reach for again and again.
Low Carb Blackening Seasoning
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SEASONINGS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Blackened Seasoning?
- The key to this amazing blend comes from ingredients that are probably already in the pantry! Best of all, you can tweak the amounts for your own personal taste.
- Spice up a low-carb cheese dip like this Keto Cheese Sauce, or make your own version of barbecue chips by sprinkling blackened seasoning on Mozzarella Cheese Crisps. Add to your favorite steak, pork chop or burger recipe before grilling for restaurant-quality mains every time!
What’s In Blackening Seasoning
BASIC BLEND: Paprika (plain and smoked), cumin, Swerve brown sugar sweetener, salt, oregano, and a dash of garlic, onion, and chili powder make up the basic blend. But the addition of other seasonings like red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and lemon zest can definitely kick things up a bit! Create a signature blend that is unique and delish.
How To Make Blackened Seasoning
This yummy spice mix recipe is “one and done!”
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a container with a tight lid.
PRO TIP: Save washing that bowl and simply add all of the ingredients to a jar and give it a shake!
Where To use Blackening Seasoning
Here are some starter recipes to practice using blackened seasoning on! Baked Bone In Chicken Breast, Butterflied Chicken, or add it to a Salmon Filet Air Fryer Recipe, this tasty Easy Cajun Shrimp Recipe or Blackened Mahi Mahi! But don’t stop there! Add it to dips, dressings or even a sandwich spread for something more interesting and flavorful!
Tips & Tricks
Add a pinch of corn starch to the blackened seasoning mix. This keeps it from clumping and helps the seasoning adhere to any food it’s added to. Keep blackened seasoning in a cool, dry space like the pantry away from direct light. Write the date on the outside of the container or the lid as the blend is best used within 6 months.
Other Easy Seasoning Recipes!
- Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe – simple yet so tastyy.
- Southwest Seasoning – for that Tex-Mex flair!
- Keto Dry Rub Recipe – a super versatile recipe.
Low Carb Blackening Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Swerve sweetener brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all spices and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix together.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
- Recipe makes approximately 2 Tablespoons. 1 serving is calculated at using 1 Tablespoon.
- A touch of corn starch added to the spice mix will help it from clumping together when stored. It will also help the seasoning stick to the food it's applied to.
- Store seasoning mix in a cool, dry and dark space.
- Label the container with the date and use within 6 months.