Get that south-of-the-border flavor with this homemade recipe for Fajita Seasoning!
Transform your favorite low-carb recipes into flavorful dishes with just a few shakes of this fajita seasoning mix made with spices from the pantry! This homemade recipe is quicker than running to the store to buy some. Make a batch and have it always ready to add to all kinds of dishes, like steak or chicken.
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIY Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
The Best Fajita Seasoning Mix!
- This mix is the best for adding to dips, sauces, dressing, marinade, or as a rub for meat.
- This multi-purpose mix is so quick to make!
- Unlike store-bought taco seasoning, fajita seasoning has a dash of smoked paprika for a depth of flavor that complements everything from eggs to veggies, chicken to steak, and everything in between!
- Homemade seasonings are less expensive to make, use less packaging, are free of strange ingredients, and allow you to control the proportions.
SPICY: Chili powder and cayenne pepper bring the heat to fajita seasoning.
SAVORY: A good seasoning mix has a ‘base’ of flavors. Cumin, paprika, onion, garlic powder, and smoked paprika amounts can be adjusted to taste. Ground mustard, oregano, basil, and thyme are all great for adding to the basic mix to switch up the flavors.
SWEET: A pinch of sugar balances out the fajita mix but a sugar alternative like Swerve can be used for a sugar-free blend.
How To Make Fajita Seasoning
Pantry ingredients like chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, onion, and garlic powder are all it takes to make this uber-easy seasoning mix!
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
Where to use Fajita Seasoning
Fajita seasoning generally pairs well with most southern or Mexican dishes. However, there are many other dishes that this could perk up! Add some of this seasoning to these juicy fajita grilled turkey burgers, healthy taco lettuce wraps, smooth garlic butter chicken bites, a scrumptious cheesy taco skillet, low carb zucchini fries, or a cheesy chorizo frittata.
Storage Solutions for Seasonings
For best results, store homemade fajita seasoning in an airtight container in a cool, dry space like the pantry. Label the date on it and replace it after 6 months. Or, double or triple the batch and freeze in a zippered bag for up to 1 year and use as needed.
Homemade Seasoning Blends
- Low Carb Blackening Seasoning – perfect for Cajun meals!
- Southwest Seasoning – delish on chicken, fish, or pork.
- Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe– classic seasoning mix-
- Keto Dry Rub Recipe – so many uses!
- Chicken Seasoning – for all chicken recipes!
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Store fajita seasoning in a cool, dry location in an airtight container.
- Replace seasoning after 6 months for the freshest flavor.
- Freeze seasoning for up to 1 year and use as needed.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Homemade Fajita Seasoning Recipe