This grilled asparagus recipe makes the best crispy and smoky-tasting side dish.
Summer is the time for firing up the BBQ and for cooking with healthy asparagus spears. In this recipe, asparagus is tossed with some lemon, oil, and a little salt and pepper. A few minutes on the grill is all it takes for this superb side.
Favorite Grilled Vegetables
- Put that BBQ to work with more than just meat this summer. Try cooking various vegetables like asparagus and have a complete meal ready in no time.
- There are some vegetables that cook so well on the BBQ and asparagus is one of the top choices. Asparagus is so easy and so simple.
- It cooks quickly and retains its crispiness at high heat. With its robust flavor, it requires very little seasoning and very little prep time.
4 Easy Ingredients
ASPARAGUS: When buying fresh asparagus, make sure that they are firm and crisp. The heads should be closed with a slightly purplish color to them. Some people prefer the thinner more tender spears, while others like the crunch of the thicker stems. Frozen asparagus is an easy replacement.
SEASONINGS: A little bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, and salt, make this a simple recipe to toss together. The olive oil can easily be replaced with butter.
VARIATIONS: Season them with a little parmesan cheese, or soy sauce for a slight variation in the flavoring. Or sprinkle some Italian seasoning or low carb blackening seasoning for a Cajun-style twist! Even keto taco seasoning is an option, for something completely different and delish.
How to Cook Asparagus on the Grill
Since there are only 4 easy ingredients for this recipe and asparagus is so delicate, it won’t take long to roast them on the BBQ.
- Prepare asparagus by washing and trimming.
- Toss with oil, lemon, and seasonings.
- Cook on the grill (as per the recipe below).
Tips for Perfectly Grilled Asparagus
- First and foremost, remember that asparagus is a very tender vegetable that cooks rather quickly. Keep an eye on it while it is grilling and turn it part way through the cooking time.
- While preparing the stalks for cooking, gently break off the bottom of each stem. For thicker asparagus, it may be necessary to use a grater to peel off the tougher outer layer at the bottom.
- Before tossing it with the oil and seasonings, pat it dry with some paper towels. This will help the oil and seasonings adhere to it.
- And finally, wrapping the asparagus in tin foil is another option for cooking.
Easy Asparagus Recipes
- Lemon Roasted Asparagus – tangy and quick to make.
- Sautéed Asparagus and Mushrooms– a healthy side dish-
- Roasted Keto Asparagus – Easy oven recipe!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Wash and trim the asparagus.
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, & seasoning.
- Place the asparagus directly on the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes turning occasionally
REPIN this Grilled Asparagus Recipe!