Make this grilled asparagus recipe when the tasty spears are at their peak!
Using simple ingredients like a little oil, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper, grilled asparagus is so easy to make!
Healthy and low-carb asparagus on the grill comes out deliciously tender-crisp and table-ready in minutes!
Easy Side Dish!
- Asparagus is healthy and affordable! And because of its mildly sweet flavor, it can be served as a hand-held appetizer or as a delicious side dish!
- Grilling asparagus is so quick! Grilling gives asparagus a smoky flavor and dark grill marks that look stunning alongside other grilled proteins like strip-loin steaks and turkey burgers.
- Vegetarians who follow a low-carb menu will love grilled asparagus with other grilled vegetables or pile them high on a grilled vegetable salad.
4 Simple Ingredients
Asparagus – Choose stalks that are deep green, firm, and have light green or purplish tips. Also, choose ones that are approximately the same width so they cook evenly. For best results, use thicker stalks in order to get good grill marks.
Oil & Seasonings – Olive oil can be switched out for sesame oil, butter, or even leftover bacon grease which will make it extra flavorful. Lemon, lime, or even balsamic vinegar are good flavor enhancers that add a little tartness to roasted asparagus. Besides salt and pepper, a little garlic powder, a light sprinkle of Italian or garlic & herb seasoning, a zesty southwestern or taco seasoning, all help tailor roasted asparagus to the other dishes it’s being served with. Or give them something extra if they’re being served as an appetizer. Try a low carb blackening seasoning for a Cajun-style twist!
Extras – Before serving grilled asparagus, sprinkle with bacon bits, slivered almonds, or parmesan cheese. Or wrap seasoned asparagus in bacon or prosciutto before placing it on the grill.
How to Cook Asparagus on the Grill
This recipe can’t get any easier and it doesn’t take long to make, especially if the grill is already being used!
- Prepare asparagus spears.
- Toss asparagus with the remaining ingredients.
- Grill until pieces are tender and crisp with char marks, turning occasionally.
How To Serve Grilled Asparagus
Serve grilled asparagus with an extra splash of lemon juice and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired. Top keto-friendly air fryer salmon with grilled asparagus and serve them warmed or chilled for a light dinner or an energizing workday lunch. Use grilled asparagus to add some color to savory ranch chicken. Or serve roasted asparagus as an appetizer with a side of garlic butter chicken bites.
Keep leftover grilled asparagus in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat under the broiler, quickly in the microwave, or even in the oven. Leftovers can be added to cauliflower fried rice, a quick and easy beef stir fry, or a sausage egg breakfast casserole. Or simply serve it cold with a little salt and pepper over a bed of salad greens!
Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Wash and trim the asparagus.
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, & seasoning.
- Place the asparagus directly on the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes turning occasionally
- Thin spears will require less time to cook.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat asparagus spears under the broiler, quickly in the microwave, or even in the oven.
- Chop up leftovers and add to other recipes!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.