It will be hard to resist this juicy ranch chicken served with a creamy and easy-to-make sauce.
Made with tender sauteed chicken breasts smothered in a creamy & zesty homemade ranch sauce, this recipe is one-dish delish!
Creamy Ranch Chicken Skillet
- Make this ranch chicken recipe and serve it from a Crockpot when company’s coming!
- One skillet dishes are weeknight wonders for quick cooking and easy clean-up!
- This recipe is versatile! Make it a casserole by adding cooked broccoli or cauliflower florets, sliced bell peppers, or zucchini zoodles.
A Simple Ingredient List!
Chicken – Chicken breasts cook up tender and flavorful in the ranch sauce, but chicken thighs are a good option since they are extra juicy. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken, beef, and pork as well.
Sauce – Buy it or DIY your ranch dressing recipe and use it in so many ways! In a pinch, use pre-made ranch dip and thin it out in the skillet with milk or heavy cream. Sour cream and heavy whipping cream can be replaced with Greek yogurt without changing the flavor.
Variations – Dress up chicken with a sprinkle of bacon bits, or add chopped spinach to the sauce. Go for a Buffalo ranch chicken by adding buffalo sauce and garnishing the top with blue cheese crumbles. Make a pizza ranch casserole using layers of pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives over the chicken before topping it with the sauce. Sprinkle chopped basil on top before serving.
How to Make Ranch Chicken
- Saute prepared chicken breasts in butter in a large skillet (as per the recipe below).
- Remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil until fragrant.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened. Return the chicken to the skillet and heat through.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over the top. Garnish with parsley and optional bacon.
What to Serve With Ranch Chicken?
This dish is delicious served over cauliflower mash, a bed of sauteed chicken, or even alongside some sauteed zucchini. Try it with a side of low carb caesar salad recipe and a pitcher of slimming detox water for a complete meal. Why not serve some keto pumpkin cheesecake for dessert?
Tips For Success
- A meat thermometer is important to gauge proper doneness since overcooking chicken is common. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F at the thickest part of the breast.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions in the microwave or on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Portions can be served chilled over a bed of greens or tucked into a wrap to make an energizing low-carb workday lunch!
- Freeze portions of chicken and sauce in zippered bags for up to a month and thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Have you tried this Ranch Chicken Recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Low Carb Chicken Dishes
Ranch Chicken Recipe
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts approx. 8 ounces each
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (2 tablespoons)
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create 4 thinner pieces. Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Sauté olive oil and garlic in same skillet for about 1 minute. Add sour cream, broth, and ranch dressing mix to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet. Simmer for a couple of minutes to reheat the chicken.
- To serve, place the chicken on plates and spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh parsley, chopped chives or bacon bits.
- Use a meat thermometer to gauge proper doneness. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F at the thickest part of the breast.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat portions in the microwave or on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to a month. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.