That’s right, turkey burgers that are moist AND delicious! They do exist!
I actually love turkey burgers (but only homemade ones, not the frozen ones eww.) These delicious burgers came out so moist and tasty! If you’re watching carbs, wrap them up in lettuce for a handheld dinner! I piled mine high with grilled veggies (peppers & onions) and cilantro… a little low fat sour cream and some salsa! Yum yum!
Fajita BurgersPin Recipe Print Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 each red peppers green peppers, yellow peppers
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoons southwest seasoning divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons cilanro chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup fat free greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons southwest seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until using.
- Cut ½ of a red, green and yellow pepper and set aside for the burger mixture.
- Slice the remaining 1 ½ of each pepper and ½ of the onion into large pieces. In a small bowl mix 1 tablespoon Southwest Seasoning, 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss with veggies and set aside.
- Dice ½ of a red pepper, ½ of a green pepper & ½ of a yellow pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, diced peppers, 2 tablespoons minced onion, cilantro, garlic, thyme, cumin & southwest seasoning just until mixed.
- Divide into 8 equal pieces and form into ¾" thick patties.
- Lightly spray each patty with no stick spray and sprinkle with southwest seasoning. Grill about 4-5 minutes on each side or just until cooked through (do not overcook). (Meat should reach 165°F).
- Grill veggies about 5 minutes or until just softened.
- Slice veggies into strips. Top burger patties with peppers & onions and 1 tablespoon south west sauce.