Sometimes simple recipes like this striploin steak make the most flavorful and juicy meals!
Nothing beats tender steak made on the grill, pan-fried, or in the oven. With a recipe that is this simple and easy to cook, it makes the meal so much better. It is also a naturally low-carb and low-calorie main dish, what’s not to love!
What is Striploin Steak?
- Striploin is a cut of beef from the loin of the cow. It is a little less tender than a tenderloin, but it has more of a beefy flavor.
- This cut of beef also has a lot of marbling, making it extra flavorful and juicy.
- The best way to cook sirloin is by grilling on the BBQ, but it can also be cooked in the oven, or fried in a pan.
Simple Steak Recipe Ingredients
SIRLOIN: When buying a striploin pay close attention to the meat, make sure that there is no white line (not the fat, but a distinctive line), running through the steak. This is a vein and it is very tough.
When buying, try to buy a steak that is 1 inch in thickness.
SEASONING: A little butter, a little oil, and some steak seasoning are all that is needed for this steak. So simple and so easy.
How to Cook Striploin Steak
This steak recipe can be cooked in no time. Just remember to give them a little time to rest before cooking.
- Allow the steaks to rest at room temperature.
- Rub with butter, oil, and seasonings.
- Grill (as per the recipe below).
How to Cut a Striploin Steak
When cutting a striploin steak, always cut it against the grain, this will help to break down the fibers in the meat, making it more tender to eat. The grain looks like lines running in the same direction on the meat. Cut perpendicular to the grain.
Best Sides For Striploin
A simple steak recipe can be accompanied by some cauliflower potato salad, lemon roasted asparagus, air fryer roasted broccoli, or keto scalloped potatoes (daikon). Or why not top it with some savory grilled mushrooms and some chimichurri sauce for dipping!
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Leftovers can be reheated in a frying pan with a bit of oil. Or they can be chopped up and added to stir-fries, or stew.
Best Desserts to Serve after a Steak Dinner!
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – Crumbly and sweet cake
- Keto Chocolate Truffle Balls – Decadent dark chocolate
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse – Smooth and sweet
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies – Melt in your mouth
Grilled Striploin Steak
- 2 striploin steaks 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning or salt & pepper to taste.
- Allow the steaks to rest at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Rub both sides of the steaks with butter and olive oil. Season generously.
- Grill the steaks 4 to 5 minutes without flipping.
- Turn the steaks over and continue to grill for 4-7 minutes or until they reach the desired temperature.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Cooking times are for 1-inch steaks. Thinner steaks will need less time.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Grilled Striploin Steak recipe