Healthy Spaghetti Sauce is so easy to make from scratch and is quick to prepare in the slow cooker. Using ground chicken, fresh veggies, and a low carb tomato sauce it is keto-friendly and delicious!
How to Make Spaghetti Sauce in a Slow Cooker
This homemade spaghetti sauce can be made in the slow cooker while you are at work and is so simple to prep. In just 3 easy steps it is ready to set and forget!
- Brown ground chicken, onion, and garlic in a skillet until it’s no longer pink. Drain any juices.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a slow cooker set on high.
- Add the remaining ingredients and seasonings.
Cover and cook on high about 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
How Long Will Spaghetti Sauce Keep in the Fridge?
As long as it is kept covered, this spaghetti meat sauce will keep about a week in the fridge. Just reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop and adjust the seasonings by adding a little salt and pepper!
Can I Freeze This?
Sure you can! Just pour the portion size you want into freezer bags and label them. Lay flat on a baking sheet or on the bottom of the freezer and once frozen, stack upright in the shelf inside the door!
Not only is it an easy grab-and-go chicken spaghetti sauce, but it’s ready at a moment’s notice and takes up minimal space in the freezer!
My Favorite Low Carb Spaghetti Options
Keto is all the rage these days and there’s no reason why a version of spaghetti can’t be low carb, hearty, and taste amazing! Zucchini noodles (aka ‘zoodles’) can be quickly sautéed in a dash olive oil and topped with this healthy spaghetti sauce. Garnish with a little parmesan and you’ve got a colorful, healthy, low carb entrée!
Another great low carb spaghetti idea is to make meatballs from ground beef or turkey and top with spaghetti sauce, who needs the pasta?
Pasta Inspired Recipes
- Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms – perfect entree or appetizer!
- Easy Low Carb Meat Sauce – the classic ground beef version
- Eggplant Lasagna – best comfort food
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan – 30 min meal!
Healthy Spaghetti Sauce uses ground chicken, fresh veggies, and a low carb tomato sauce. It is keto-friendly and perfect for the crock pot!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces tomatoes diced, canned with juices
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 ounces low carb pasta sauce such as Rao's
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Brown chicken, onion, and garlic until no pink remains.
- Place into the bottom of a 4qt slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.