Chicken Spaghetti Sauce is so easy to prepare and you can let the slow cooker do the rest! Using ground chicken, fresh veggies, and a low carb tomato sauce it is keto-friendly and delicious!
Once you master this meat sauce recipe, you’ll never go back to store-bought again. Pour it on top of homemade zoodles or use it in zucchini lasagna roll ups for a low carb recipe your family will love!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Chicken Spaghetti Sauce
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Keto is all the rage these days and there’s no reason why a version of spaghetti can’t be low carb, hearty, and taste amazing!
How to Make Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch
This healthy spaghetti sauce is made in the slow cooker while you are at work or you can toss it on the stovetop when you get home for a quick method!
- Brown ground chicken, onion, and garlic in a skillet until it’s no longer pink. Spread in the bottom of a slow cooker set on high.
- Add the remaining ingredients and seasonings. Stir.
- Cover and cook on high about 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
Stove Top Version, once the ground chicken is browned toss all the ingredients in a saucepan. Let it simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened.
How Long Can Spaghetti Sauce Last In The Fridge
As long as it is kept covered, this chicken spaghetti sauce will keep about a week in the fridge. Just reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and adjust the seasonings by adding a little salt and pepper!
Can You Freeze Spaghetti Sauce
I love to make a big batch of this healthy spaghetti sauce and keep it in the freezer for quick weeknight meals!
Pour the portion size you want into freezer bags, label and date. Lay flat on a baking sheet or on the bottom of the freezer. Once frozen, stack upright in the shelf inside the door!
Not only is it an easy grab-and-go chicken spaghetti sauce, but it’s ready at a moment’s notice and takes up minimal space in the freezer!
Tips and Tricks!
- Make this spaghetti sauce without chicken for a delicious vegetarian option!
- Make meatballs from ground beef or turkey and top with spaghetti sauce.
- Assemble all ingredients in the slow cooker the night before and set to cook on low in the morning before work or school. Dinner will be hot and ready when you get home!
- If serving chicken spaghetti sauce over zoodles, you may want to thicken your sauce. You can do this by adding another tablespoon tomato paste or cook on stovetop uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
Pasta Inspired Recipes
- Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms – perfect entree or appetizer!
- Easy Low Carb Meat Sauce – the classic ground beef version
- Eggplant Lasagna – best comfort food
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan – 30 min meal!
- Zucchini Ravioli – easy to freeze!
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Sauce
- 1½ pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces tomatoes diced, canned with juices
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 ounces low carb pasta sauce such as Rao's
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Brown chicken, onion, and garlic until no pink remains.
- Place into the bottom of a 4qt slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.