Healthy Spaghetti Sauce is so easy to make from scratch and is quick to prepare in the slow cooker. Using ground chicken, fresh veggies, and a low carb tomato sauce it is keto-friendly and delicious!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Healthy Spaghetti Sauce
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Make Healthy Spaghetti Sauce
This homemade spaghetti sauce can be made in the slow cooker while you are at work or toss it on the stovetop when you get home for a quick method!
- Brown ground chicken, onion, and garlic in a skillet until it’s no longer pink. Drain any juices.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a slow cooker set on high.
- Add the remaining ingredients and seasonings.
Cover and cook on high about 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
Stove Top Version, once the ground chicken is browned toss all the ingredients in a saucepan. Let it simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened.
As long as it is kept covered, this spaghetti meat sauce will keep about a week in the fridge.
Just reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and adjust the seasonings by adding a little salt and pepper!
Freezing Spaghetti Sauce
I love to make a big batch of this healthy spaghetti sauce and keep it in the freezer for quick weeknight meals!
- Pour the portion size you want into freezer bags and label them.
- Lay flat on a baking sheet or on the bottom of the freezer and once frozen, stack upright in the shelf inside the door!
Not only is it an easy grab-and-go chicken spaghetti sauce, but it's ready at a moment’s notice and takes up minimal space in the freezer!
My Favorite Low Carb Spaghetti Options
Keto is all the rage these days and there’s no reason why a version of spaghetti can’t be low carb, hearty, and taste amazing!
Zucchini noodles (aka ‘zoodles’) can be quickly sautéed in a dash olive oil and topped with this healthy spaghetti sauce. Garnish with a little parmesan and you’ve got a colorful, healthy, low carb entrée!
Another great low carb spaghetti idea is to make meatballs from ground beef or turkey and top with spaghetti sauce, who needs the pasta?
Pasta Inspired Recipes
- Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms - perfect entree or appetizer!
- Easy Low Carb Meat Sauce - the classic ground beef version
- Eggplant Lasagna - best comfort food
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan - 30 min meal!
- Zucchini Ravioli - easy to freeze!
Slow Cooker Healthy Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces tomatoes diced, canned with juices
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 ounces low carb pasta sauce such as Rao's
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Brown chicken, onion, and garlic until no pink remains.
- Place into the bottom of a 4qt slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.