These tasty Keto Zucchini Lasagna Boats are stuffed with all the creamy, cheesy ingredients of lasagna!
Now the ever-popular lasagna has been transformed into a delish keto dish without the carb overload of pasta! These keto zucchini boats are super easy to make, are fresh and delicious, and perfect served with a crisp and tangy Caesar Salad.
Keto Zucchini Lasagna Boats
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love Keto Zucchini Boats
- Keto zucchini boats are a healthy, low-carb recipe for a quick dinner or workday lunch!
- Boat dishes are easy, inexpensive, and versatile! Meat or no meat, vegetarian or vegan, easy enough for a potluck or a special celebration. There’s something for everyone!
Ingredients and Variations
THE VEGETABLES: Zucchini squash is meaty enough to hold lasagna ingredients, but yellow squash and bell peppers can be stuffed and still stay keto.
THE MEAT: Even though this recipe can be made vegetarian or vegan, seasoned ground beef gives lasagna boats a hearty protein punch. But Italian sausage, ground turkey, even leftover cooked chicken can be used. Taco seasoning with ground beef or buffalo chicken are fun and tasty options, too!
THE CHEESE: Lasagna is always loaded with creamy, stretchy cheese, and zucchini lasagna boats don’t disappoint! Mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan bring this dish to life, so don’t skimp! Cottage cheese mixed with cream cheese has similar texture to ricotta for a fraction of the cost.
THE SAUCE: Rao’s is a sugar-free, low-carb pasta sauce that’s popular in the keto world. Make it spicy by adding a dash or two of salsa or add some depth of flavor with a little balsamic vinegar.
How to Make Zucchini Lasagna Boats
Lasagna has never had it so good! Everyone will love these easy & tasty boats:
- Combine the cheese mixture and set aside.
- Cut zucchini length-wise and scoop out the insides. Brush with oil and bake per recipe below.
- Brown beef with garlic, drain the fat, stir in 1 ½ cups of pasta sauce & Italian seasoning.
- Fill baked zucchini boats with cheese mixture & top with sauce. Bake as directed below.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Save the scooped-out zucchini for smoothies or freeze in ice cube trays and pop into mashed cauliflower or a stir fry or add to cream cheese for a healthy keto wrap spread or dip!
- Save leftovers in individual air-tight containers in the refrigerator for a grab-and-go dinner or lunch. Reheat after sprinkling on some extra parmesan cheese.
Other Tasty Zucchini Recipes To Try!
- Zucchini Lasagna – easy to make!
- Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas – with a tex mex flair!
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups – another tasty lasagna recipe.
- Zucchini Ravioli – 30 min cook time!
- Low Carb Baked Feta Pasta Recipe – super simple.
Keto Lasagna Zucchini Boats
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups pasta sauce divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine cheese mixture and set aside.
- Wash zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon scoop out the center leaving a ¼" shell around the edges.
- Brush the zucchini with olive oil and place cut side down in a baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
- Brown beef with garlic and drain any fat.
- Stir in 1½ cups of pasta sauce and Italian seasoning, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from the oven and flip over. Fill each boat with ¼ cheese mixture. Top with the meat mixture.
- Tightly lay a piece of foil over the tops of the zucchini and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and add mozzarella to the top of each and bake an additional 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.