Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups are the perfect warm-weather entrée for lunch or dinner! It’s healthy, low carb and even keto.
Prepare for the seasonal bounty of all things zucchini! With recipes from Twice Baked Zucchini Boats to Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries, there is no shortage of tasty things you can make with the surplus of spring and summer zucchini squash from your garden!
Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How to Make Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
These easy zucchini roll ups are an easy and delicious weeknight meal, ready in 3 steps!
- Prep zucchini slices (per recipe below) and bake until softened.
- Combine cheese mixture and spread over zucchini slices, carefully rolling them up.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in casserole, top with zucchini rolls, remaining cheese, and sauce.
Once prepped bake until golden brown and bubbly.
Tips for Success
The key to making perfect zucchini roll-ups is to make sure the zucchini is sliced uniformly and cooked just enough so it is easy to roll up.
- To get uniform zucchini slices, try using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler.
- To prevent tearing while rolling pre-cook zucchini slices slightly.
- Pat them dry before filling and rolling so the cheese melts everything together and the roll-ups don’t become soggy.
- Make-ahead by prepping the dish up to the point of baking. Pop in the oven to bake when ready to serve!
- Freeze this dish before baking, you can even freeze the rolls individually and top with cheese and sauce when ready to bake!
- If freezing, keep in mind the zucchini will be on the softer side when reheated but still super delicious.
- To reheat, let the zucchini rolls thaw overnight in the fridge and then bake according to recipe directions. Or pop a serving straight into the microwave from frozen for a quick and easy lunch!
What to Serve with Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
Whipped up for a potluck or a delicious meatless main dish, keep it simple serving with cheesy cauliflower breadsticks and a low carb caesar salad to round out this meal perfectly!
This dish is also perfect served on its own! For a heartier dish, try mixing cooked ground beef, sausage, or chicken with the cheese mixture before rolling up the zucchini slices.
More Yummy Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – favorite after school snack
- Zucchini Lasagna – great for making ahead and freezing!
- Easy Homemade Zoodles – ready in under 15 mins
- Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries – guilt-free side dish!
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) – great comfort dish!
- Zucchini Ravioli – easy-to-fix with endless variations
- Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas – with shredded chicken
Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
- 2-3 large zucchini
- 2 cups Rao's Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 package cooked spinach squeezed dry
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread ½ cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Slice zucchini in ¼" slices lengthwise. Bake 10 minutes. Cool and dab any liquid with paper towels.
- Combine cheese mixture in a small bowl. Spread over zucchini slices and roll up.
- Place in a casserole dish and top with remaining sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup parmesan.
- Top with cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups recipe
LOVED this recipie!!!! I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 only because of the prep. Slicing zucchini into “1/4 inch slices” is not easy without a mandoline. I do not have one…lol.
Make time to bake them and allow them to cool. They will roll much easier when cool.
Also the cheese mixture makes WAY more than needed for this recipie. I used 3 very large garden fresh zucchini and did’t use even half of the cheese mixture. I stored the remaining cheese mixture in the fridge and used it two nights later substituting boneless chicken breast for the zuchinni. Same recipie. They were equally delicious!!!
You could also add ground beef or sausage to the cheese mixture for a more meaty meal.
My family loves this and we will be making this again.
I would also suggest seasoning the zucchini slices with pepper before baking.
Great suggestions Tracey! And you are definitely right, without a Mandoline it can be a pit tricky to get the zucchini that thin!
We have made this before from this recipe and we definitely need more zucchini than 3 for a family of 5. We are still using this recipe this time, but I think we are going to layer the cheese and sauce and zucchini like an actual lasagna this time.
That works too Steph, sounds great!
I loved this recipe it was so delicious!! So easy to make and affordable too. I also had this with a side of bow tie pasta and I will definitely be making this again.
Sounds like a perfect dinner to me Jeanie! So glad you enjoyed the lasagna roll ups so much!