This Low Carb Taco Casserole is perfect for Mexican style inspired meals!
All the things we love about tacos are layered in this Keto beef taco casserole. It’s the perfect south-of-the-border entrée! Bake a taco casserole for a week of low-carb meals, then just reheat and eat. Serve as a casserole, or scoop leftovers along with some shredded lettuce and salsa into a wrap for a burrito. So many options with this tasty dish!
Low Carb Taco Casserole
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Beef Taco Casserole
We love taking our favorite recipes and making them low-carb! Rice is a no-no in the keto world, but cauliflower rice is a perfect substitution! Healthy, low-carb, and easily seasoned, cauliflower is a multi-purpose superfood that’s inexpensive and available year-round, so it makes sense to add it to your eating plan! And it goes perfectly with this savory beef taco casserole.
RICE Our beef taco casserole recipe is made with cauliflower rice for the best low carb rice replacement out there! Add some seasoning like cumin and a few jalapeno peppers for extra spice!
GROUND BEEF Use full fat, medium or lean ground beef. Regular full fat tend to have the best flavor, and it’s not forbidden in low carb recipes!
BELL PEPPERS Add an extra layer of texture and flavor to the rice!
DAIRY A topping of eggs and a whole lotta cheese make this taco casserole so full of flavor!
SEASONINGS Here’s our fave Keto taco seasoning recipe. Make extra and keep it in a shaker jar to season everything from chicken to fish or make a spread for low-carb wraps by mixing it with cream cheese! Got leftovers? Taco casserole is an easy way to use up leftovers like chicken, tomatoes, even chopped up broccoli or zucchini!
How To Make Taco Casserole
- Brown ground beef and onion, then drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning, water, and salsa. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the water is evaporated.
- In a separate saucepan, cook veggies until soft. Spread on bottom of casserole dish and top with beef mixture.
- Whisk eggs, cream, hot sauce, 1½ cups of cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over beef and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole is set. Garnish with sliced black olives or sliced green onions.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or avocado dip.
PRO TIP: Place beef taco casserole under the broiler to make the cheese super melty and bubbly!
Low-carb Dinner Sides!
For Mexican night, here are some of our fave sides to add to the feast! Try some tasty low carb jalapeno poppers and a tangy cherry tomato salad. Chicken taco bites or some Crock Pot salsa chicken are always a welcome addition to any table. Don’t forget to serve some healthy roasted green beans.
Other Low Carb Beef Recipes To Try!
- Taco Lettuce Wraps– appetizer or entree.
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – hearty and delicious.
- Easy Beef Stir Fry – quick weeknight dinner.
- Low Carb Beef Soup with Radishes – so different!
- Low Carb Cabbage Rolls – a classic made low carb.
Low Carb Taco Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion minced
- 2 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup low sugar salsa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce like Tobasco
- 2 cups cheddar cheese divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown beef and onion until no pink remains. Drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning, water, and salsa. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- In a separate saucepan, cook cauliflower rice, bell peppers, cumin and jalapeno in a little bit of oil until softened.
- Spread rice into a 9x13 dish. Top with beef mixture.
- Whisk eggs, cream, hot sauce, 1½ cups cheese and salt & pepper to taste. Pour over beef mixture and top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until set and browned on top. Add toppings as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.