Are you looking for a new way to make brussel sprouts? Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts are a great way to get these healthy, low-carb, nutrient dense little cabbages into your diet but not on your waistline!
Brussel sprouts are the perfect side dish along side Roasted Pork Loin or Lemon Rosemary Chicken. They can also be an interesting option as an appetizer with a cheesy dip or ranch dressing- which are both low-carb!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts were originally cultivated in the city of Brussels in Belgium. But they are commonly called brussel sprouts – without an “s” added at the end. No matter what you choose to call these sprouts they are beyond delicious! Especially when made in an air fryer.
An air fryer is like a smaller version of a convection oven that sits on the countertop. It circulates hot air around food to cook it, eliminating the need for fats. Food is crunchy and fully cooked!
It’s great for home cooks that want to start cooking a little healthier!
Prepping Brussel Sprouts For The Air Fryer
Cooking brussel sprouts in an air fryer could not be more simple!
- Fresh – delicious, fresh brussel sprouts should first be washed, and then remove the outer leaves. Cut each one in half.
- Frozen – frozen brussel sprouts should be fully thawed before placing in the air fryer. You will find they are easier to cut in half if they are still a wee bit frozen. Thaw on paper towel to soak up any excess moisture.
Let’s Make Them!
How easy is this recipe?
- Simply pop the prepped brussel sprouts on a rack in the air fryer. Spread them out evenly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are done to your liking.
- Remove and serve hot!
You can also make brussels sprouts with bacon by simply pre cooking the bacon and adding it to the rack with the brussel sprouts on top. This imparts a savory, salty bacon flavor and makes the perfect low-carb side dish!
Other Delicious Spice Combos
Try tossing your brussel sprouts in these seasoning blends for unique and delicious flavors!
- Ranch dressing mix
- Taco seasoning mix
- Cajun seasoning
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Chili seasoning mix
More Delicious Low Carb Side Dishes!
- Roasted Asparagus – such an easy recipe!
- Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries – perfect as an appetizer
- Mashed Cauliflower – a delicious side dish!
- Roasted Radishes – interesting and so easy
- Roasted Green Beans – perfectly cooked!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Wash and peel outer leaves of Brussels sprouts. Cut in half.
- Bake in air fryer for 12- 15 minutes or until sprouts reach desired tenderness.