Crispy Daikon Fries are a delicious, low-carb appetizer or snack!
Daikon Radish Fries baked in the air fryer come out tasting just like real French fries! Just a little sweet and fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, it’s easy to explore new low-carb recipes with daikon radishes and all the magic the air fryer can do! While the air fryer is still warm, whip up a batch of air fryer roasted broccoli, air fryer stuffed mushrooms, or some air fryer kale chips.
Air Fryer Daikon Fries
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Daikon Radish Fries
Similar to regular red radishes, with the same clean, crunchy flavor, Daikon radishes are root vegetables that grow underground. They grow long and white and taste starchy even though they are a carb-lovers dream! With Daikon Fries it only takes a few ingredients to deliver yummy, low-carb goodness! Daikon radishes are the perfect potato substitute, check out daikon radishes and all of their keto goodness as soon as you can! They make a great appetizer and side dish with all your keto favorites like air fryer drumsticks, air fryer roast chicken or even as a side to our simple but elegant salmon air fryer recipe.
Ingredients and Variations
DAIKON RADISH Choose a daikon radish that is firm, clean, and without cuts or tears in the flesh.
OLIVE OIL Olive oil has great flavor, but feel free to swap it out with another favorite.
SALT & PEPPER Just like regular French fries, these Daikon Fries start out simple with just salt & pepper for seasoning. They are great for dipping in low carb dips and dressings!
OTHER SEASONING IDEAS But, think outside of the daikon box and toss in a couple of our fave seasoning blends like our taco seasoning for a Tex-Mex flavor profile. Try dipping them in low carb ranch dressing. Daikon radish is a super versatile vehicle for so many flavor profiles—what would you cook fries in? They all work with daikon fries!
Daikon Fries in the Air Fryer
Daikon Fries are as easy as 1, 2, 3 to make!
- Prepare daikons and toss with oil and seasoning.
- Place fries in a single layer in a preheated air fryer and cook according to recipe instructions.
- Serve hot with preferred dips or dressings.
- Once daikon radish pieces are cut to your desired preference, place them in a colander and rinse away the starch that emanates from the flesh so they cook up super crispy.
- Pat them dry and make sure they are as dry as possible before tossing them with the olive oil and preferred seasonings.
- Use leftover bacon grease instead of olive oil for tasty bacon flavor.
- Leftover air fryer daikon radishes can be cut into smaller pieces and added as a topping to a salad or into a soup.
- Or, they can be added to an Asian-inspired stir fry like this easy beef stir fry.
Other Delicious Side Dishes
- Buffalo Chicken Bites – so flavorful.
- Crispy Pepperoni Chips – a perfect low carb snack.
- Jalapeno Poppers – a classic made low carb
- Zucchini Fries – crispy!
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – a tasty treat.
Air Fryer Daikon Fries
- 1 daikon radish
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F
- Cut the daikon radish into 3 quarters or 2 halves depending on the size of it.
- Cut each quarter into ½ inch thick fries.
- Toss with salt, pepper, oil and spread in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 16 minutes shaking the basket frequently to ensure they brown evenly.