Pepperoni Chips are a low carb and crispy oven-baked snack that is packed with flavor! Ideal for people following a keto way of eating.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Keto has become very popular. So if you follow this eating choice you already know that snacks like chips and crackers are typically off-limits due to their high carbohydrate content. But if you are a person who loves to snack, and want to make Keto style food choices, these super easy to make pepperoni chips are a great substitute!
What are Pepperoni Chips?
The same pepperoni slices that go on pizza can be made into chips! Crispy, crunchy, and perfect for dipping into ranch dip, honey mustard dressing, or even cheese sauce.
As the pepperoni bakes, the pieces will cup up a little bit so they create the perfect shape to scoop up salsa, pico de gallo, or avocado dip!
How to Make Pepperoni Chips
Pepperoni Chips can be prepared using either a conventional oven or microwave – your choice!
- Lay pepperoni slices onto a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 7 to 10 minutes at high heat.
- Line a microwave-safe dish with a paper towel.
- Microwave on high one minute and then in 20-second intervals until cooked as desired.
No matter which cooking method you choose, remember to allow chips to cool completely before eating.
Tips for Success
- For easier clean up using the oven method, line sheet pans with parchment paper before placing pepperoni.
- Placing another sheet pan upside down and over the sheet pan that the pepperoni is being baked in will keep any spattering in the oven to a minimum. Alternately you can place another piece of parchment paper over the pepperoni to minimize splatters.
- Pepperoni chips will shrink as they cook so don’t worry about overcrowding the pan. Choose pepperoni that is bright red in color and has uniform spots of fat.
- Store pepperoni chips in a zippered bag or container with a lid at room temperature. They should last about a week.
- You can always freeze these tasty morsels to keep for a longer duration. Store them in your freezer for up to 3-4 months in an airtight container or zippered bag.
If you are looking for a quick keto snack that will leave you feeling satisfied, give these Pepperoni Chips a try! They are super tasty and so convenient for grab-and-go snacking when you need it most!
Other Convenient Snacks To Try
- Low Carb Crab Dip – so easy and delicious!
- Warm Bacon Dip – everything’s better with bacon!
- Taco Chicken Bites – easy appetizer or for dinner
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (low carb) – perfect for a party!
- Dill Dip (Keto/Low Carb) – you will love this dip!
Crispy Pepperoni Chips
- 4 oz thinly sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread pepperoni out onto a baking pan.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, or until crisp. Allow pepperoni to cool completely.
Line a plate with paper towel.
Arrange slices on the plate and microwave for 1 minute. Continue microwaving at 20 second increments until crisp.