Enjoy Cabbage Noodles Alfredo in place of carb-laden pasta with this super easy recipe.
Lightly fried strips of cabbage are stirred into a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce, for a delicious side dish or a low-carb entrée! Make this easy cabbage noodle recipe whenever that comfort food craving hits, but be happy without all the carbs and extra calories.
Cabbage Noodles Alfredo
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Cabbage Noodle Recipe
- Cabbage Noodles Alfredo is quick and easy to make and perfect to share with a crowd at a potluck. Keep it warm in a Crockpot and let guests help themselves.
- Make a batch (or two!) and have quick dinners and workday lunches all week long! One dish cooking saves time and clean-up.
Ingredients and Variations
CABBAGE – Any variety of cabbage will work from frilly Napa to red. For this recipe, the “cannonball” green cabbage will produce more “noodles” that hold up better under the weight of the Alfredo sauce. If using red cabbage, add a little lemon juice during the sauté process to keep the leaves their bright shade of red.
SAUCE – Alfredo sauce is one of the easiest sauces to make from scratch. In a pinch for time? Use a premade jar of Alfredo.
ADD-INS – Keto lovers can enjoy all kinds of additions to cabbage noodles Alfredo! Make it a main dish and add shredded chicken, ground or sliced Italian sausage, or diced ham. Keto-friendly veggies like sliced mushrooms, sautéed onions, peas, and chopped spinach are colorful and healthy additions.
How To Make Cabbage Noodles
It’s super easy to make these low carb veggie noodles, and they are so tasty:
- Slice cabbage in medium strips and sauté in oil and seasonings until the cabbage is barely softened.
- Remove from the pan.
PRO TIP: Fry some bacon until crisp and remove from the pan. Use the bacon drippings to cook the cabbage in and then crumble up the bacon and mix it into the finished dish!
How To Make Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Cook garlic in butter until fragrant. Add cream and simmer.
- Lower the heat and whisk in cheese and seasonings until the cheese is melted.
- Gently stir cooked cabbage back into the skillet until heated through.
- Serve with extra grated parmesan cheese or sliced green onions.
Add cabbage noodles with Alfredo sauce to any dish as a side or make it a main because it goes with everything! Here’s some low-carb inspiration to get started! Try it alongside a Butterflied Chicken, or this Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Recipe. It would also go great with a Pork Loin Roast, or even Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Dijon Sauce.
- For perfectly shaped cabbage noodles, cut them at least ¼” to ½” wide, anything narrower will get weighed down in the sauce.
- Always whisk the sauce on low heat so the Alfredo ingredients can melt together. If the sauce seems too thick, add a little more cream and cook on low.
Low Carb Cabbage Recipes
Cabbage is inexpensive with a mild flavor, so it’s no wonder it’s a carb-lovers go-to! So try these tasty cabbage recipes!
- Low Carb Cabbage Soup – ready in under an hour.
- Bacon Creamed Cabbage – for bacon lovers!
- Low Carb Pork and Cabbage Skillet – quick and easy dinner.
- Low Carb Cabbage Rolls – a classic.
Cabbage Noodles Alfredo
- 1 medium head cabbage sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- Slice cabbage into long thick strips. Heat oil in a large pan and add the cabbage.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the cabbage starts to soften. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the cream and simmer until it starts to thicken about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and whisk in the cheese and seasonings mixing until it is melted.
- Add the cabbage back to the pan and toss with the sauce until it is heated through.
- Cut cabbage at least ¼” to ½” wide, anything narrower will get weighed down in the sauce.
- Whisk sauce on low heat so the Alfredo ingredients can melt together. If the sauce seems too thick, add a little more cream and cook on low.