Kale is still the king of healthy nutrition and this recipe for Air Fryer Kale Chips will keep any low carb or keto follower on track for sure!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Air Fryer Kale Chips
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why buy kale chips when you can make homemade ones in your air fryer? Air fryers are a modern-day miracle and kale is a miracle food. So combined, kale chips are an easy, tasty snack that can be prepared in minutes and enjoyed by everyone!
Are Kale Chips Healthy?
Compared to processed potato or corn chips, kale chips go above and beyond as a healthy snack! Kale is chockfull of vitamins A, K, complex B’s, and minerals like calcium, potassium, and manganese. Plus, it packs a punch of fiber! Kale chips are a perfect substitute for junk food!
Plus, kale chips are a portable snack, too! Pack them in a school lunch or enjoy them at work as a healthy, satisfying snack instead of reaching for junk food!
We love this recipe because it uses oil spray instead of liquid oil and that keeps them extra crispy in the air fryer. Lightly oiled also means they are better for you and they will stay crunchy longer too!
How To Make Kale Chips In The Air Fryer
- Prep – choose kale leaves that are free from dirt, rinse and pat the leaves dry with a paper towel before tearing into pieces. Tear kale leaves into palm-sized pieces because they will shrink a little during the cooking process.
- Oil – place kale leaves in a single layer in the air fryer and spray with oil. Season as desired
- Air Fry – fry until crispy and golden around the edges. Turn them over, spray, season and air fry until the other side is crispy and golden brown.
- Use a salad spinner! It is the perfect tool for drying kale leaves.
- For a fun twist, seasoning kale chips with parmesan cheese, powdered ranch dressing, taco seasoning or even barbecue spices! For a sweetened version, cinnamon sugar can be sprinkled on kale chips before air frying.
- Keep air fryer kale chips in a zippered bag at room temperature.
PRO TIP: Store kale chips with a slice of bread to absorb moisture and keep the chips crispy longer.
- Kale chips will keep for about 4 days before they get soft. To crisp them up again, bake for about 10 minutes in the oven.
Other Delicious Snacks To Try!
- Crispy Pepperoni Chips – crispy!
- Buffalo Chicken Bites – delicious appetizer.
- Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries – 30 minute snack.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – low carb pizza fix!
Air Fryer Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- olive oil spray or cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Wash kale, remove tough stems, and dry very well using a salad spinner.
- Place a single layer of kale leaves in the Air Fryer.
- Spray with olive oil spray. Flip each piece over and spray again. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Air Fry on 360°F for 5-7 min or until crisp and lightly browned at the edges