Keto zucchini fries are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy everyone’s favorite summer squash!
This zucchini fries recipe is surprisingly easy to make and will have everyone coming back for more! Made with simple, low carb ingredients and baked to crispy perfection, they make a delish guilt-free side dish, party appetizer or late-night snack!
Easy Oven Fried Zucchini
- Get creative with this popular summer vegetable and make some tasty, low calorie baked zucchini fries!
- These baked zucchini fries can be made in minutes with very little prep and just a few ingredients!
- This versatile recipe is easy to make and can be served as an appetizer or even a side dish. And it’s delicious hot or cold.
- Not only are zucchini a healthy alternative to starchy, high carbohydrate veggies like potatoes or carrots, they have zero fat, and are super low carb!
How Many Carbs Are In Zucchini
An average sized zucchini has only 6 carbs, contains zero fat and is packed with fiber. It also contains very important minerals like potassium and manganese.
Zucchini is truly a superfood boasting high levels of Vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate and vitamins C and K. So, it makes good sense to include this Keto zucchini fries recipe on the regular menu rotation!
Ingredients And Variations
ZUCCHINI – Zucchini has a firm texture and mild flavor, making it the perfect vessel for fries. Choose small to medium zucchini if possible. And there is no need to peel the skin, it’s delicious left on.
CRISPY COATING – The best coating for these baked zucchini fries is made with a mixture of parmesan cheese, Keto friendly almond flour, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and parsley. Try a garlic herb seasoning or southwest seasoning for a different flavor profile.
How To Make Keto Zucchini Fries
These crunchy zucchini fries taste like the deep-fried version without the oily calories or mess!
Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Combine parmesan cheese, almond flour and seasonings in a separate bowl.
Cut zucchini into wedges. Dip in egg and then in the cheese mixture.
Place on a pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
Recipe Tips And Storage Solutions
- Slice zucchini ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use. Or better yet, wrap in paper towel to absorb any moisture before dipping into the egg.
- Compliment these keto zucchini fries with a low carb tomato marinara or ranch dipping sauce. Or serve them with some delicious cheese sauce, dill dip or keto buffalo chicken dip for a perfect snack that everyone will want more of.
- Baked zucchini fries are the most crisp and delicious if served straight from the oven, so enjoy immediately. Any leftovers will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator stored in a covered container. To reheat, just pop them into the oven again, or use an air fryer.
- Leftovers can be used in other tasty recipes. Add chopped zucchini to chicken soup or this shrimp & zucchini dish.
More Delish Zucchini Recipes!
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini – another cheesy zucchini treat!
- Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup – with zoodles
- Zucchini Lasagna – a classic made low carb
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – delicious and so easy
Keto Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine parmesan cheese, almond flour, Italian seasoning, parsley, and salt & pepper.
- Cut zucchini into wedges. Dip in beaten egg and then in parmesan cheese mixture.
- Place on a pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve with low carb tomato sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.