This recipe for Air Fryer Roast Chicken comes out crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside!
Everything is easy and tastes just a bit better in the air fryer! So when you roast chicken in air fryer, you are sure to have a deliciously tender, juicy and perfectly roasted chicken for dinner or for your batch cooking recipes.
Air Fryer Roast Chicken
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Save time and energy in the kitchen and let the air fryer do all the work!
- Three ingredients are all it takes for lightly seasoned chicken that’s great for dinner or meal prep for the rest of the week!
- Whole, breasts, tenders, legs, drumsticks, quarters, and wings all cook perfectly in the air fryer! It’s a low-carb lover’s dream machine!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: Choose a fresh chicken that is the right size to cook in the air fryer with enough space for the hot air to circulate around the meat. Refer to manufacturer instructions.
SEASONINGS: A simple rub with oil and chicken seasoning is all it takes, but using taco seasoning would also be delicious! Use leftover bacon grease instead of oil for a mild bacon-flavored chicken.
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In An Air Fryer
- Ensure the cavity is empty before tying the legs together.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with oil and sprinkle seasoning on.
- Place whole, seasoned chicken breast side down and cook for 25 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and allow it to rest before carving. If using the air fryer for sides, keep the chicken covered with foil to rest.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe
Chicken and veggies and potatoes go together! Make the air fryer do double duty and serve air fryer squash or buffalo cauliflower. Keep it low carb by switching out potatoes for creamy mashed cauliflower with cream cheese, classic scalloped potatoes with Daikon, a fun cauliflower potato salad or a fresh Greek salad.
Recipe Tips for Success
- To ensure seasoning adheres to the outside of the chicken, pat the skin dry with a clean paper towel before adding the oil. Press the seasoning into the skin before cooking.
- For best results, always preheat the air fryer before cooking! Preheating guarantees the outside of the chicken will cook quickly and seal the outside while inside the meat stays juicy and moist.
- The internal temperature of air fryer chicken should be 165°. To check, insert a meat thermometer at the thickest part of the bird (usually the breast) and away from any bones.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings – so crispy and delicious.
- Low Carb Chicken Tenders – a favorite!
- Garlic Butter Chicken Bites – for dinner or an appetizer.
- Chicken and Spaghetti Squash – delicious and low carb.
Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- 3 ½ pound whole chicken
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chicken seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Ensure the cavity of the chicken is empty. And if they aren't tied already, tie legs of the chicken together.
- Rub the skin with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place the chicken breast-side down into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 25 minutes, flip the chicken over and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from the air fryer and rest 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Roast Chicken recipe!