Air fryer crispy chicken wings are a quick and easy, keto appetizer recipe perfect for any occasion!
The air fryer wins again! Just in time for the big game or movie night, serve crispy air fryer chicken wings any time a quick snack is needed for a last-minute get-together!
Best Crispy Chicken Wings!
- The air fryer is a favorite for cooking chicken wings because they come out super juicy on the inside with a crispy skin on the outside.
- Chicken wings are versatile and can be seasoned in so many ways! Try them with an Italian, garlic herb, or blackening seasoning. They are also delish tossed with kosher salt and pepper, or as this recipe suggests – buffalo sauce!
- For a healthy, low-carb snack serve chicken wings with a selection of dips and dressings, like this low carb ranch dressing & dip. Set out a few dozen air fryer wings and let guests choose their favorite dips!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN – Frozen, pre-cooked wings simply need to be seasoned or sauced after the first frying session.
SAUCE – This recipe tosses fresh wings in Frank’s Red Hot buffalo sauce, but other options include BBQ, honey garlic, honey BBQ, or teriyaki sauces.
SEASONINGS – Dry rubs are also great, try simple salt and pepper, or lemon pepper. Garlic parmesan, or a simple pre-made taco or chili seasoning are also great choices!
Cooking Chicken Wings In An Air Fryer
Super easy air fryer crispy chicken wings are ready in 1, 2, 3 easy steps!
- Toss wings with oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook wings according to recipe below, turning once.
- Remove from heat, toss in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and serve with ranch dip or the dip of your choice.
Cooking Chicken Wings In The Oven
Wings in the oven turn out great too!
- Pat wings dry and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place wings on a rack on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes for raw wings and 45 minutes for frozen wings.
- Baking wings on a rack lets the fat drain away from the wings and keeps them extra crispy.
Tips for Extra Crispy Wings!
- To make the best wings, choose wings that are of equal size and width.
- Pat wings dry before adding any seasonings. Cook wings and turn over to complete cooking until crispy all over. Then apply the sauce or glaze and either pop back in the oven, or serve them immediately.
- Some of the most tasty dips and dressings for wings are buttermilk ranch dressing and dip and caesar salad dressing. These are also delish with a side of celery and carrot sticks!
- Pair these tasty creations with other low carb appetizers such as buffalo cauliflower, stuffed mushrooms, avocado deviled eggs, and some keto zucchini fries. And don’t forget a keto cheese sauce for dipping too!
Tasty Appetizers To Try!
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Franks red hot sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Pat chicken wings dry and toss with olive oil.
- Season chicken wings with salt & pepper.
- Add to the air fryer and cook 10 minutes.
- Flip wings and cook an additional 6 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove wings from the air fryer and immediately toss with hot sauce.
- Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.