Keto Pickle Chips are a tangy and fun snack!
Low carb and keto dieters love to find new ways to enjoy their favorite snacks. This keto version of baked dill pickle chips turn out crispy, cheesy, and savory. They can be eaten as-is or dipped into any low-carb dressing or dip. Tart pickles and tangy cheese make the perfect snack-food combination—without the additional carbs!
Keto Pickle Chips
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SNACKS & APPETIZERS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Cheesy Appetizer or Snack
- Homemade keto appetizers have never been easier. Pickle slices, shredded cheese, and seasonings are layered in a muffin tin and baked into small rounds. These become handheld low carb snacks in minutes!
- Cheese pickle chips are fun, flavorful, and totally portable. Add them to a DIY burger bar or a low-carb appetizer platter and watch them disappear! Make the oven pull double duty and add these low-carb snacks to the mix. Try some Twice Baked Zucchini Boats, Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, or a tasty Roasted Green Beans Recipe.
- Serve dill pickle chips with this easy Ranch Dressing & Dip or make a low-carb Dill Veggie Dip.
Ingredients & Variations
Experiment with your fave blend of pickles and cheese or make a variety to share!
PICKLES: Dill pickles have a crunchy bite and a slightly salty flavor. Cut them in crinkle cuts or cut them yourself into any thickness you like. Gherkins are smaller and can be pickled in brine, in vinegar, or in a sweetened brine that is not keto-friendly.
CHEESE: Cheddar cheese is a sharp flavored, robust cheese that complements salty pickles. Swiss cheese, Gruyere, Provolone, or any combination of these cheeses make for tasty appetizers, too!
How to Make Keto Pickle Chips
Low carb pickle chips are super easy to make, and it’s a snack that even non-keto eaters will beg to try:
- Pat pickle slices dry.
- Layer cheese, pickles, and more cheese in prepared muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake until the cheese is melted and crispy.
Tips for Crispy Pickles
- For best results, make sure the pickle slices are super dry so the cheese can stick to them.
- If using sliced cheese, cut into pieces that fit the muffin tin, and for shredded cheese, the finer the shred, the faster it will melt.
How to Store Crispy Pickles
Keep keto pickle chips in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Reheat them on a baking sheet under the broiler or in the microwave.
Other Low Carb Snacks!
- Baked Cheese Meringues – a light snack.
- Ranch Pork Rinds Recipe – ready in under 5 minutes.
- Cajun Pork Bites – flavorful.
- Mozzarella Cheese Crisps Recipe – easy snack or garnish.
- Crispy Pork Bites – tender and juicy.
Keto Pickle Chips
- 1 cup pickle slices
- 1 ¾ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pat pickles dry with a paper towel.
- Place 1 Tablespoon shredded cheese in the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Place three pickles on top of the cheese and add 1 more Tablespoon cheese on top.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crispy.
- Serve with ranch dip.
- For crispy results, be sure pickles are as dry as possible.
- Refrigerate pickle chips, covered up to 2 days.
- Pickle chips can be reheated quickly under the broiler or in the microwave.
- Or enjoy pickle chips served cold!