Cook up our Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe and enjoy healthy, happy snacking anytime!
Cauliflower in the air fryer is a match made in culinary heaven! And everyone loves this buffalo cauliflower bites recipe, made with our suggestions for keto batter alternatives for a low-carb lover’s dream!
Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your APPETIZER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe
We love anything Buffalo flavored! And our buffalo cauliflower bites recipe makes the most deliciously crispy, roasted appetizers or snacks you’ve ever tried. We love how versatile it is, besides the fact that cauliflower is a superfood, packed with fiber and nutrients. It’s a keto lover’s dream. For get-togethers, serve buffalo cauliflower bites with air fryer roasted broccoli, air-fryer roasted veggies, or some air fryer stuffed mushrooms. Make your air fryer do double duty to save time and cleanup!
Ingredients and Variations
Buffalo cauliflower bites are a great alternative to standard buffalo wings for vegetarians, and they pack the same bright flavor as wings!
BREADCRUMBS & FLOUR – Ours are made with Panko breadcrumbs and seasoned breadcrumbs, so they are low carb, but not no carb. But you could use the same amount of both by using crushed pork rinds along with coconut flour to keep it totally keto and not miss a bit in texture or flavor!
SEASONING – Experiment with different seasoning mixes like adding ranch, taco, or chile seasoning to the breading.
CAULIFLOWER – Fresh is best, but frozen cauliflower can be used, just add about 3-6 minutes onto the air frying time
SEASONINGS – Buffalo sauce, salt & pepper, garlic powder, it all comes together in a crispy batter to make these tasty buffalo cauliflower bites.
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
Buffalo cauliflower comes out quick and easy in just 3 steps!
- Prep cauliflower, whisk batter, and mix in cauliflower bites.
- Combine breadcrumbs, oil, and salt & pepper. Roll each cauliflower floret in mixture.
- Air fry according to recipe until tender on the inside and crispy and browned on the outside. Toss with buffalo sauce.
How to Serve Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Serve these just like buffalo wings! Arrange them with celery sticks, carrot sticks, and your favorite dressing or dip. Here is a list of our faves!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- In order for the breading to fit into all the nooks and crannies on the cauliflower bites, the pieces need to be really dry. If you’re in a hurry, dry by placing them on a baking sheet at 200° F for about 5 minutes.
- Cut cauliflower pieces in uniform sizes so they cook at the same rate.
- Offer a variety of dipping sauces so everyone can discover their favorite flavor!
Other Cauliflower Recipes To Try!
- Best Roasted Cauliflower – easy in the oven.
- Cauliflower Potato Salad – perfect for summer.
- Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese – delicious side dish.
- Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole – for cheese lovers.
Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Wash, dry, and cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk batter ingredients until smooth and toss with cauliflower.
- Combine Panko bread crumbs, seasoned bread crumbs, olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove cauliflower from the batter and allow excess to drip off. Gently roll cauliflower in the bread crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Place cauliflower in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Increase heat to 400°F and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender inside and crisp outside.
- Toss with buffalo sauce and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery and blue cheese or ranch dressing if desired.
Tossing with buffalo sauce will soften some of the crumbs. If you'd prefer, dip the cauliflower in warmed buffalo sauce to keep the coating crisp.
Ensure you are using buffalo sauce, not just hot sauce for best results
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.