Keto Cheese Sauce is an easy and tasty sauce that will make even the pickiest of eater love their veggies! With just a few ingredients this recipe doubles as a low carb cheese dip and is absolutely ready for any kind of application.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Keto Cheese Sauce
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
In the style of the Atkins cheese sauce recipe, this one uses heavy cream as well as a liberal dose of seasonings to take the flavor to the next level!
It’s one of the best keto broccoli cheese sauce recipes, with a great combination of parmesan and sharp cheddar cheese for a rich and creamy flavor.
How to Make Cheese Sauce
Like most heavy cream cheese sauces, it’s less about the ingredients and more about technique.
- Bring the cream to a heavy boil but don’t allow it to scald.
- Add cream cheese and seasonings, being sure to constantly whisk so everything is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheeses until everything is blended.
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and you are ready to go!
How to Thicken Cheese Sauce
The best way to thicken a heavy cream cheese sauce is to boil the milk down further before adding the cheeses. Or try adding a slurry or a roux.
To Make a Roux
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add equal parts flour and cook together until a thick paste is formed.
To Make a Slurry
- Combine 4 parts cold water with 1 part cornstarch.
- Slowly add to the milk mixture to thicken.
Add either of these to the heavy cream and cream cheese mixture and be sure it is completely smooth before adding the cheeses. This is a good technique for thick dipping sauces or a nacho style sauce!
More Recipes You'll Love
- Low Carb Pork Tenderloin
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche (Keto)
- Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cheeseburger Salad
- Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole with Cheese Sauce
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Keto Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine heavy cream, cream cheese and seasonings in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil while whisking and let boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheeses and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
REPIN this Easy Recipe