Low Carb Chili is a low carb version of everyone’s favorite comfort food. Tender ground beef and onions are simmered in a tomato and broth base to create this signature stovetop chili dish like no other.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Low Carb Chili
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
This meat chili recipe is easy, affordable and packed with nutrition. Not only is this the best chili recipe you will find, it is also totally keto and completely in line with a low carb lifestyle!
How To Cook Chili On The Stovetop
This stovetop method is super simple!
- Brown beef, onion and garlic in a large pan or pot.
- Add peppers, zucchini and chili powder. Cook till tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
How to Thicken Chili
In a regular chili recipe, the beans would act as the thickener and add a lot of healthy fiber. But, beans are no bueno here. So, in this no-bean chili recipe, the secret is pureed veggies!
- Just chop and saute any combo of cauliflower, broccoli, kale or mushrooms in a little bacon grease until they are softened.
- Blend with an immersion blender, counter blender or food processor and add into the mix!
It’s a win-win flavor, fiber and nutrition combo. Any picky eaters will never know the difference!
Allowing extra cook time on the stovetop will also help to thicken your chili. And the longer you simmer, the more the flavors will intensify. Your house will smell amazing!
Low Carb Friendly Chili Toppings
A low carb chili doesn’t have to be bland or boring. In fact, as long as it fits in a keto way of eating, all kinds of chili ingredients can get tossed right in the pot or used as toppings!
Cheese – Experiment with a variety of cheeses to suit your taste! Sharp, medium or mild cheddar is popular, but mozzarella, Monterey or pepper jack cheeses are all delicious too.
Veggies – Keep that chili tasty and colorful by topping it with green onions, jalapenos, pepperoncinis, black olives, tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
Extras! – Guacamole or mashed avocado, salsa, sour cream, bacon bits, shredded or diced chicken and ground sausage would all be delicious toppers for your chili!
Serve toppings in small bowls alongside your big, wonderful smelling pot of keto chili and let everyone create their own masterpiece! If you have non-keto guests or family members, include tortilla chips and beans to the mix!
Great Tips & Ideas!
- Because this keto chili is bean-free, the meat is the real star! Make sure to purchase quality lean ground beef. For extra flavor, brown that beef with the spices and a little leftover bacon grease!
- Don’t limit yourself with just ground beef for this meat chili recipe! Clear out the fridge and use leftover chicken, bacon or sausage, because this keto chili is all about easy and tasty!
- Get creative when serving your chili! Use bell peppers as bowls or serve on a bed of seasoned slaw.
- Don’t forget to make an extra batch for the freezer! Simply reheat for a quick family dinner or freeze in smaller portions to take to work or school!
Other Recipes To Try!
- Crock Pot Mississippi Roast
- Low Carb Pesto Chicken
- Easy Cajun Shrimp Recipe
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Oven Roasted Pork Loin
Low Carb Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green pepper diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 small zucchini shredded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 14 oz diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Stir in green peppers, zucchini, and chili powder. Cook until pepper begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.