Slow cooker Mississippi pot roast is an incredibly easy melt-in-your-mouth way to serve a beef pot roast.
This low carb version uses an easy homemade spice mixture in place of packaged ranch for max flavor without all of the additives. This easy Mississippi Pot Roast takes only about 5 minutes of preparation and then cooks in the Crockpot all day until tender perfection.
Easy Pot Roast Recipe!
- Using an easy homemade blend of spices creates a delicious low carb version of this Mississippi Crock pot roast.
- The mild tasting pepperoncini brine gently tenderizes the meat making this Mississippi roast melt in your mouth tender.
- Crockpot cooking is the perfect way to gently cook a pot roast, and it’s so easy! Just set it and forget it! An Instant Pot works for this recipe too, why not give it a try!
What’s In Mississippi Pot Roast?
BEEF ROAST – select a roast that has a good amount of marbling throughout. A chuck roast works well, as does a round roast or rump roast. Why not use a pork roast for a some variety?
PEPPERONCINI PEPPERS – the brine from theses zesty little peppers tenderizes the meat and provides loads of flavor without tasting too spicy.
HOMEMADE SEASONING – using this unique homemade ranch seasoning mix is easy and the ingredients all likely already in the pantry! Don’t have a ton of spices in the cupboard? In a pinch, a pre-made packet of ranch dressing mix can substitute for the seasonings without the additives and carbs.
BUTTER & BEEF BROTH – both ingredients provide delicious flavor and help tenderize the meat. Try a combination of bacon grease and butter for an interesting twist.
How to Make Mississippi Roast Slow Cooker Style!
This super simple recipe is the best! Just ‘set it and forget it’!!
- Combine seasonings and sprinkle over roast.
- Place in the slow cooker with butter and Pepperoncini peppers.
- Cook on low 8 hours or until fork tender.
- Use two forks to gently shred the roast and enjoy!
What to Serve with Mississippi Roast?
It’s delish served over a bed of mashed cauliflower or roasted radishes and drizzle the juices over top.
Crockpot Mississippi pot roast makes a delicious sandwich on some cloud bread, in a wrap, or mixed with eggs for a protein packed breakfast or a lettuce wrap. Try it cold on a bed of salad greens with some shredded cheese and a tangy vinaigrette for a hearty workday lunch.
Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. After that time, freeze any leftovers in a container or zippered bags.
Thaw frozen leftovers in the refrigerator, and reheat again in a slow cooker. Or quickly reheat portions in the microwave for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Other Tasty Beef Entrees!
- Beef Rouladen– super tender
- Low Carb Beef Stroganoff – a classic
- Grilled Striploin Steak – excellent and flavorful
- Oven Ribeye Steak Recipe – easy oven recipe
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- 3-4 pounds beef roast either chuck roast or outside round
- 10 ounces can beef broth
- 5-6 Pepperoncini peppers plus ½ cup juice
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt to taste
- Combine dried seasonings in a small bowl.
- Massage outside of beef roast with seasonings. Place in the bottom of a 6qt slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth in the sides of the slow cooker. Add 6-8 pepperoncini peppers and ½ cup of liquid from the peppers.
- Place 1 stick of butter on top of the beef, cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Remove beef from the slow cooker and using a fork, gently pull apart large chunks of beef. Stir into juices.
- Serve over mashed cauliflower and drizzle with juices from the slow cooker.
- Use a chuck, round or rump roast. Even a pork shoulder roast would be delicious.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for 3-4 days. After that time, freeze any leftovers in a sealed container or a zippered bag.
- Thaw frozen leftovers in the refrigerator, and reheat again using a slow cooker or the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast recipe!
Can this be made in an oven?
This recipe can be made in an oven, covered with aluminum foil. Just adjust the cooking times accordingly.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used this recipe! It’s easy to make, tastes wonderful, and I prefer the ingredients over others. I highly recommend this recipe! 🙂
Thanks so much Jen! So happy you enjoy this recipe 🙂
Can I make this as a pork roast instead? Had to buy a ridiculous amount of pork shoulder/butt the other day just to get the portion I wanted…
I think that would work perfectly!
Absolutely delicious and so easy
Thank you Anna, so happy that you love this Mississippi roast as much as we do!
This is in our meal rotation! So good! Having cooking right now with chicken!
*have it cooking