It’s so simple to follow a low-carb way of life when delicious recipes like this Easy Egg Salad are on the menu!
Creamy mayo and mustard with optional additions like mashed avocado and crunchy bacon bits make this simple egg salad recipe a keto winner! The flavors and textures combine to create the best, protein rich salad ever, and it’s one that everyone can enjoy.
Easy Egg Salad
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SALADS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Simple Egg Salad Recipe
- Eggs are a healthy superfood that is high in protein, amino acids, and minerals.
- This creamy salad makes an energizing topping or filling for any meal of the day!
- This simple recipe is very versatile. It can be served as a side dish, open faced on a chaffle, or in between low carb cloud bread.
- Affordable and easily available, the mild flavor of eggs means they can be used for any meal of the day!
Egg Salad Ingredients
EGGS: Eggs are an important part of any keto lover’s meal plan. And there’s nothing quite like fresh eggs for poached or over easy eggs. But when it comes to hard boiled eggs, ones that are about one week old tend to be easier to peel. So save those farm fresh eggs for a tasty fried egg and use the older ones for this recipe!
MAYONNAISE: Mayonnaise and mustard give this salad its classic flavor. Miracle whip can be switched out for a tangier flavor and Dijon, or stoneground mustard will also jazz things up a bit.
ADD-INS: Avocado, bacon, sliced green onions, and dill are the first choices for add-ins. However, squeeze in some extra veggies by mixing in chopped spinach, black olives, shredded Brussels sprouts, or diced bell peppers for a pop of color.
How Do You Make Egg Salad?
It’s super easy to make homemade egg salad:
- Slice eggs in half and place yolks and remaining ingredients in a bowl (per recipe below).
- Mash until smooth. Chop egg whites and stir into yolk mixture along with optional add-ins.
- Serve immediately or chill before using.
Egg salad is great on a bed of greens or wrapped into a leaf of lettuce. For a heartier salad with ham, try this deviled ham & egg salad and use it as a dip or sandwich filler. Or try this creamy salad as a side with a juicy turkey burger, some baked chicken meatballs, or with pan seared pork chop.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last?
Leftovers are good for about 3 days in the refrigerator. Before using, it might need to be drained, and remember to give it a stir!
If this salad is served buffet-style, keep it in a bowl over a larger bowl with ice in it, and stir it frequently.
Can You Freeze Egg Salad?
Technically, egg salad can be frozen but the thawed results won’t have the texture and consistency from fresh. It really is so quick and easy to make, simply make a new batch!
Hard-boil eggs in advance and chill before preparing this salad. They will be easier to handle and ready to serve! Use this simple method to make easy peel hard boiled eggs every time!
More Easy Egg Recipes You’ll Love
- Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe – so delicious.
- Bacon Egg Muffins – perfect for a grab n go breakfast.
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche – for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- Sausage Egg Casserole – make ahead for busy mornings.
- Curried Egg Salad – a delish twist on a classic.
Easy Egg Salad
- 8 eggs boiled, peeled and chilled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional Add Ins
- sliced green onions
- cooked and crumbled bacon
- fresh dill or dried
- ¼ cup mashed or diced avocado
- Slice eggs in half.
- Add yolks to a bowl with mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Coarsely chop egg whites and add to yolk mixture along with optional add ins. Stir to combine.
- Nutritional information calculated without optional add ins.
- Make hard boiled eggs in advance so they are cool and ready to add to this recipe.
- Refrigerate leftovers for about 3 days. Drain and stir before serving.
- Keep cool on a buffet table by placing the bowl of egg salad inside a bowl with ice in the bottom. Stir often.
- Freezing egg salad is not recommended. This recipe is so simple, just make fresh!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Egg Salad Recipe!