Everyone can enjoy these low-carb, low-sugar Keto Sloppy Joes!
Sloppy joes are homemade comfort food that never goes out of style. The sauce for the ground beef includes sugar-free ingredients like sugar-free ketchup, Swerve sweetener, tomato sauce, and a few spices to make it the best sauce recipe. Serve it over cloud bread for a low-carb sloppy joe meal.
Low-Carb Sloppy Joes
- The same classic savory and tangy tomato sauce base has been reworked into a healthy, low-calorie recipe that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
- Low-carb Sloppy Joes are made in one skillet that can be taken straight to the table for easy serving!
Easy Sloppy Joe Sauce
BEEF: For the best low carb Sloppy Joe, start with the right ratio of fat to lean for beef. A 90/10 ratio will have more fat and flavor which is preferable in a keto eating plan, but 80/20 will work. Also, crumbled sausage mixed in with ground beef is delicious!
SAUCE: Choose sugar-free and low-carb sauce ingredients and if you can’t get them exactly right, use what you can – and feel free to amp up the spice levels with some cayenne pepper or extra seasonings like this DIY blackening seasoning blend.
BUNS: For bistro-worthy buns, toast the cut sides and then rub a clove of garlic across the toasted sides. Can’t find keto buns or bread? Use low-carb wraps, chaffles, or homemade cloud bread (divine!).
EXTRAS: Get in that nutrition and crunch by adding a handful of shredded coleslaw mix, sliced brussels sprouts, or extra sliced yellow onions.
How to Make Sloppy Joes
This simple meal can now be enjoyed as a healthy and low carb dish!
- Fry ground beef and add bell pepper until softened (as per the recipe below).
- And Sloppy Joe ingredients with water and simmer until fully cooked and thickened.
- Season as desired and serve over keto buns or in low-carb wraps, as desired.
Sloppy Joe Sides
ALL the sides! Check out these hearty low-carb side dishes! There’s nothing like a cauliflower potato salad, a zucchini pasta salad, or some sautéed asparagus and mushrooms to amp up any meal. Try this tasty low carb coleslaw or a bowl of oven roasted radishes. Options for side dishes are easy to come by with a recipe this good!
- Cook ahead and keep in the refrigerator so the flavors have more time to blend!
- Simply reheat on the stovetop.
- Make and freeze sloppy Joe meat sauce for future recipes by storing it in quart-sized portion bags for up to 8 weeks.
- Cook in batches and serve from a Crockpot so everyone can help themselves!
Low Carb Comfort Food Entrees
- Low Carb Chicken Soup With Lemon – warm & comforting
- Keto Sausage Gravy – delicious on keto biscuits!
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe – skip the carbs but keep the cheese!
- Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole – creamy and flavorful
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole – just 10 minute prep
Keto Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
Sloppy Joe Sauce
- ⅔ cup sugar free ketchup
- ⅓ cup low carb tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Swerve brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Keto Hamburger Buns optional
- In a medium skillet, scramble fry 1 pound ground beef until no pink remains. Add chopped pepper and cook 2-3 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add the sloppy joe sauce ingredients along with ½ cup of water and simmer 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon meat mixture on low carb/keto hamburger buns.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Keto Sloppy Joes Recipe!