Keto Sloppy Joes are zesty, flavorful, and always a hit!
Seasoned ground beef and bell peppers are simmered in a sugar-free tomato sauce for a delicious and healthy spin on this family favorite!
Serve this low-carb favorite with keto bread or pasta for the ultimate in casual dining!
Low Carb Sloppy Joes!
- Homemade keto sloppy joes go from the stovetop to the tabletop in one pot in less than 30 minutes!
- Make this keto sloppy joe recipe for game day gatherings, and sleepovers, or double up the recipe and enjoy all week!
- Keep keto sloppy joes warm in a slow cooker or Instant Pot and let everyone help themselves!
- Serve with delicious toppings like diced onions, sliced jalapenos, or shredded cheese.
Ingredients and Variations
Beef – Look for a 90/10 ratio beef blend that ensures juicy meat with lots of flavor. Ground chicken, turkey, or pork sausage can be mixed with the beef, if desired. Don’t drain the fat from the beef as it adds delicious flavor to the sauce!
Sauce – Sugar-free, low-sugar, and low-carb sauce ingredients make this recipe a keeper! Make it extra zesty by adding a few dashes of Tabasco or a blackening seasoning blend.
Extras – Bump up the nutrition by adding some shredded zucchini, chopped kale, spinach, or onions.
How To Make Keto Sloppy Joes
Low-carb sloppy Joes are zesty, flavorful, and always a hit!
- Cook ground beef and add bell pepper until softened (as per the recipe below).
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until fully cooked and thickened.
Season and serve over keto buns or in low-carb wraps.
What Goes with Sloppy Joes?
- It’s easy to find tasty sides for sloppy joes! Try a creamy cauliflower potato salad, some tangy cucumbers and onions and your favorite low-carb buns or breads.
- Cook sloppy joe sauce up to two days ahead and keep in the refrigerator so the flavors have more time to blend!
- Keep leftover keto sloppy joes in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat on the stovetop. Or blend leftovers into a hearty unstuffed cabbage casserole.
- Make sloppy joe meat sauce and freeze it in quart-sized portion bags for up to 8 weeks.
Did you make this recipe for Keto Sloppy Joes? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Keto Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
Sloppy Joe Sauce
- ⅔ cup sugar free ketchup
- ⅓ cup low carb tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Swerve brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Keto Hamburger Buns optional
- In a medium skillet, scramble fry 1 pound ground beef until no pink remains. Add chopped pepper and cook 2-3 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add the sloppy joe sauce ingredients along with ½ cup of water and simmer 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon meat mixture on low carb/keto hamburger buns.
- Nutrition information is an estimate and uses regular tomato sauce and does not include buns.
- The carbs in nutrition information does not take into account erythritol in Swerve.
- Spoon meat mixture over mashed cauliflower or in low carb/keto hamburger buns.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.