Nothing beats a cheesy and creamy Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole served warm from the oven.
But the problem is most buffalo casserole recipes call for the addition of high-carb pasta. In this recipe, the pasta is replaced with healthy and low-carb and paleo riced cauliflower, making it the perfect entree for everyone to enjoy. Even the pickiest eater will love this tasty dish!
Easy Chicken Casserole!
- This keto buffalo chicken casserole is an easy keto twist on a classic dish.
- Cheesy and creamy it will be hard to resist the bits of chicken and cauliflower combined with this sauce.
- It is so quick and easy to make this casserole.
- Loaded with delish ingredients, this dish is so filling, and great for those nights on the go.
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken: This recipe calls for boneless chicken thighs that are shredded. However, meat from a rotisserie chicken would work in a pinch. Or make this shredded chicken and add it to the mixture.
The Sauce: Buffalo sauce is a buttery and slightly spicy sauce. Here it is mixed with creamy sour cream and cream cheese for a flavorful sauce. Make sure to soften the cream cheese before mixing it into the sauce. For slight variations replace the sour cream with some ranch dressing.
Cheese: Use cheddar cheese for this recipe, but switch it out for Monterey Jack, or add a little Gouda to the cheddar.
Cauliflower: Choose a tight head of cauliflower that is free of blemishes. Frozen will also work in this recipe, just make sure that it is thawed and drained. Making riced cauliflower is a cinch. Simply add to a blender and blend until the cauliflower is the size of pieces of rice. Don’t over-blend.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Casserole
This keto creation is so cheesy and decadent.
- Combine the eggs, buffalo sauce, and spices in a bowl.
- Stir in cauliflower, sour cream, & cream cheese.
- Add the shredded chicken. Pour into a casserole or baker dish.
- Top with cheese and bake (as per the recipe below).
- Garnish as desired.
Best Sides For Keto Chicken Casserole
Keto chicken casserole is a bit on the heavier side and would therefore taste so good with a Greek salad, or this tangy cherry tomato salad. Serve it with some lemon roasted asparagus, roasted green beans, or sautéed zucchini.
Tips For Success
- Make sure to soften the cream cheese. This will make it easier to cream into the sauce.
- Make all the ingredients ahead of time, or even assemble the casserole ahead of time and then cook just before it is ready to be served.
- Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to three days. Cover the casserole dish with a plastic wrap, or store it in an air-tight container.
- This casserole freezes well. Store in a freezer-grade food container. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – best appetizer ever!
- Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe– healthy with less oil
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe – delish in lettuce wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Bites – perfect for dipping!
Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds frozen cauliflower rice or large head of cauliflower, riced
- ½ cup full-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken thighs (rotisserie chicken will work)
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup green onions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, buffalo sauce, and spices, and whisk until mixed.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, then fold in cream cheese and sour cream.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and pour into a 3 quart baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until the eggs are set and center does not jiggle.
- Top with garnish and serve warm.
- Soften the cream cheese at room temperature to make it easier to cream into the sauce.
- Try making the casserole ahead of time to cook just before it is ready to be served.
- Store in an air tight freezer container. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.