Low-carb lovers can’t say enough about this sauteed zucchini recipe!
Slices of zucchini are cooked in garlic butter and topped with parmesan cheese to make a quick and delicious side dish!
This tasty side is easy to make and the perfect low carb comfort food.
Best Zucchini Saute!
Quick & simple, it’s ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes!
Healthy, low in calories and carbs, zucchini’s mildly nutty flavor makes it popular! Use it as your go-to for zucchini recipes of all kinds!
Ingredients and Variations
Zucchini – Look for squashes free from blemishes that are full and heavy. Add some slices of yellow squash for color, if desired.
Seasonings – Olive oil can be switched out for coconut oil or leftover bacon grease for a deeper, smoky flavor. Dress up the dish even more by adding your own seasonings or herbs or this DIY garlic herb blend, or Italian blend.
Variations – Mix up the recipe by including other colorful and low-carb veggies like onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, and small amounts of carrots or corn, just for color.
How to Saute Zucchini
- Prep zucchini (as per the recipe below).
- Cook slices in oil in a large skillet.
- Add butter and garlic and saute until tender.
- Season and garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Tips for Success!
- For best results, cut zucchini in uniform thicknesses so they cook evenly.
- Wider zucchini squashes should be cut in half vertically and then cut into slices.
- Ensure your skillet is large enough to cook the slices in a single layer.
- Cook zucchini in a hot skillet for the perfect browning on the edges and avoid overcooking.
- Keep cooked batches warm in the oven, if necessary.
Keep leftover sauteed zucchini in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Sauteed zucchini can be frozen for up to a month but won’t be firm once it’s thawed. Add leftover zucchini to a lasagna, or mini-quiche appetizers!
Did you try this Sauteed Zucchini recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini about 1½ medium, sliced into moons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the butter and garlic, cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Stir zucchini just slightly to allow it to brown well.
- Cook zucchini quickly at medium to medium-high heat for best results.
- Avoid over cooking zucchini, as it can become mushy.
- For softer zucchini, cook longer.
- For more firm zucchini, reduce cooking time.
- For the best flavor, add the parmesan after it has finished cooking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.