This Ground Turkey Meatball Recipe makes flavorful and juicy meatballs.
These meatballs are easy to prep, cook quickly and are full of flavor! Using just a few, simple ingredients like an egg, seasonings, almond flour and parmesan cheese, this recipe for turkey meatballs is low carb and low fat. And it makes a delicious main meat dish for dinner or to serve as an appetizer at the next party.
Ground Turkey Meatballs Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Recipe For Turkey Meatballs
- Ground turkey is a delicious substitute for ground beef. It is lower in fat, and lower in calories than its beef alternative.
- Easy ingredients! This recipe uses only 6 ingredients that are all low carb and that are likely already in the pantry or fridge.
- Simple recipes with quick prep are the best! In this recipe toss all the ingredients together, mix, roll into balls and place on a baking sheet, then let the oven do the work!
Turkey Meatball Ingredients
TURKEY: Any ground turkey will do for this recipe. However, the lean ground turkey will have a little less saturated fat.
SEASONING: Italian seasoning contains some oregano, basil, marjoram, and other spices and herbs. Or make a homemade blend and have it ready on hand for future recipes.
CHEESE: Parmesan cheese has a tangy and salty bite that tastes so good with a variety of dishes. And when added to this recipe, not only does it add incredible flavor, it also helps bind the meat together.
FLOUR: In this recipe, regular flour is replaced with ground almond flour. This low-carb alternative is perfect used as a binder and adds flavor as well.
How To Make Turkey Meatballs
Enjoy making this recipe for turkey meatballs for an oven baked healthy entree that is warm, tender, and juicy!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.
- Form into balls and drop onto a baking sheet.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
Turkey meatballs are so versatile and they can be served plain as a main meat dish with a side of Greek salad, with some parmesan roasted cauliflower, or lemon roasted asparagus. Or sauce them up with a low carb alfredo sauce or a creamy dijon mushroom sauce. Delicious added to minestrone soup or this low carb cabbage soup, they also work great as an appetizer. Simply cook, skewer with a toothpick and serve with a low-carb dipping sauce.
Tips For Success!
- Cooked meatballs will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They are so delish heated up with a little keto BBQ sauce for extra flavoring.
- Make this ground turkey meatball recipe in advance and freeze for up to 3 months stored in an airtight container.
- Thaw meatballs in the refrigerator first before reheating. They are easily warmed up in a pan on the stove, covered with foil in the oven, or even heated in an air fryer.
Ground Turkey Recipes
- Easy Turkey Burgers – juicy & delish!
- Fajita Grilled Turkey Burgers – spicy seasoning.
- Low Carb Stovetop Chili – two kinds of meat!
- Taco Lettuce Wraps – flavorful low carb meal.
Ground Turkey Meatball Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Divide meat mixture into 16 equal balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 25-27 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Store cooked and cooled meatballs in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days, freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw meatballs in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Reheat turkey meatballs covered with foil in the oven, in a pan with a bit of oil on the stovetop, or even in the air fryer.
REPIN this Ground Turkey Meatballs recipe!