Ground beef soup is a low-carb lover’s dream!
Packed with protein and lots of savory tomato flavor, and loaded with nutrient-dense veggies, ground beef vegetable soup is a foundation keto recipe you’ll go to again and again!
Hearty, comforting, and filling, this is the perfect soup to chase away the fall and winter chills.
A Hearty Low-Carb Soup!
- Hamburger vegetable soup is super easy to put together and tastes better even the next day when all the flavors have blended!
- Ground beef soup is easy to make in batches and freezes perfectly!
- This old-fashioned soup recipe is easily adaptable for all kinds of variations and extras so it’s economical as well as delicious!
- Keep ground beef soup warm in a Crock pot and serve it with a side of cloud bread for dipping, and a tangy cucumber feta salad.
What You Need to Make Ground Beef Soup
Ground Beef – For lower calories and fat use lean ground beef, or go for medium or regular beef and drain the fat off. Or change it up and use fresh or leftover ground turkey, chicken, or even leftover steak!
Vegetables – Cabbage is healthy and flavorful! White or red cabbage, Napa, or even kale are all cabbage varieties that work in ground beef soup! A can of tomatoes with the juices adds a bright and tangy flavor. Rotel tomatoes come complete with chiles and spices already added!
Broth – Buy or make your own broth. Be sure to look for lower sodium varieties.
Seasonings – Garlic and oregano can be enhanced with your favorite taco or chili seasoning – this recipe is so versatile, anything goes!
Variations – Add sliced mushrooms or zucchini, or your favorite low-carb frozen vegetable mix!
How to Make Ground Beef Soup
Two steps and one pot! This recipe can’t be any easier or more delicious!
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic (as per the recipe below).
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tips for the Best Soup!
- Make ahead and keep frozen meatballs on hand for a super-fast soup that comes together in minutes, no need to thaw the meatballs!
- Keep leftover ground beef soup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Have you tried this Ground Beef Soup recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Ground Beef Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 6 cups chopped cabbage cut in ¾" squares
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 ounce can, with juices
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add zucchini, cabbage, tomatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and oregano to the beef mixture.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Keep leftover ground beef soup refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Freeze soup in zippered freezer bags and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.