Have you been searching for an easy, low carb savory sauce that is the perfect pair with chicken or for steak? Creamy Dijon Mushroom Sauce is definitely it! Buttery mushrooms, chicken broth, and cream take main stage in this recipe followed by a delicious balance of garlic, thyme and dijon mustard.
This recipe is made with only a few basic ingredients that you likely already have. And the best part is, it's keto, too! So go ahead, smother a pork tenderloin or a baked bone-in chicken breast in this easy sauce and serve on a bed of zoodles for a low carb dish everyone will rave about!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What’s In Dijon Mushroom Sauce?
Simple ingredients like sliced mushrooms, heavy cream, and chicken broth are the foundation for Dijon cream mushroom sauce. Just a little garlic, thyme, butter, some salt, and pepper makes this sauce super flavorful!
How to Make It!
This easy Mushroom sauce is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Just prep, saute and simmer to fill your whole house with this delicious aroma.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic (see recipe below). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with remaining ingredients to the pan, except for the butter (scrape the cooked bits from the bottom of the pan to add flavor to the sauce). Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce is thickened.
- Add all ingredients to the pan and cook until the sauce is uniformly heated throughout!
While leftovers are hardly likely with this delicious mushroom sauce you can easily store them easily in the fridge!
- To store, place sauce in a tightly covered jar or container and keep it in the fridge.
- To reheat, simply return to the pan or microwave for a couple of minutes.
Be sure to adjust the seasonings with a little salt and pepper or a small dash of dijon mustard to make those flavors pop again!
What To Serve It With
You can definitely get creative because this sauce goes with anything!
- For a fancy side dish, drizzle this sauce over sautéed asparagus or steamed broccoli and cauliflower!
- Mix it in the same pan with some sautéed spinach and keep that low carb plan going!
- Dijon Mushroom Cream Sauce is perfect over pork loin or chops and heavier fish fillets like salmon or cod.
Other Delicious Saucy Recipes
- Healthy Spaghetti Sauce (Low Carb) - made in the slow cooker!
- Keto Cheese Sauce - so easy to make!
- Easy Low Carb Meat Sauce - a classic sauce.
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Dijon Sauce (Keto/Low Carb) - so delicious!
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce - a twist on a family favorite.
Creamy Dijon Mushroom Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream 35%
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients except butter to the same pan. Bring to a boil scraping any bits off the bottom, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 10.
- Stir in mushrooms with any juices and butter. Cook 2 minutes more or until heated through.