Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower bites are tender and lightly crusted with cheese.
It’s healthy, delicious, and so easy to make! Best of all, it makes a delicious appetizer or side for anyone following a low-carb lifestyle! This is the best roasted cauliflower recipe around, and it’s ready in no time at all. Try it with dips or dressings, or eat it in place of popcorn on movie night for a healthy snack that tastes incredible.
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDES board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan
- Whole cauliflower is inexpensive and easy to prepare. It has a mild flavor that makes it a perfect ingredient in so many recipes!
- Cauliflower is a fave veggie among keto followers because it’s loaded with nutrition and fiber without being high in carbohydrates.
- Plus, it’s great served raw or cooked!
- 3 ingredients and it’s done! What’s not to love?
3 Ingredient Recipe
CAULIFLOWER: Choose cauliflower heads that are heavy and compact. Avoid any bruised or discolored heads. As an alternate, broccoli can be substituted or included with cauliflower for a colorful dish.
OIL: Olive oil is light with a mild, fruity flavor, but melted bacon grease tastes great on cauliflower too, and is a great way to use up leftovers. Sesame oil or hot chile oil are also good alternatives for different flavor profiles.
SEASONINGS: Just a little parmesan cheese, salt & pepper (optional) make this recipe so easy but still so tasty! Even the addition of a little garlic salt or onion powder will amp up the flavor. Try Southwest Seasoning, or Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe too!
How To Prepare Cauliflower
Here’s a good way to prepare cauliflower for all kinds of recipes! Whether added to a soup, stir fry, or casserole, or served raw or cooked, here’s how to do it:
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower head. Slice off the bottom and lay it flat on a cutting surface so it is secure.
- Cut cauliflower into quarters and then, using a paring knife, cut off bite-sized florets from each quarter.
- Discard the leftover pieces or freeze them in a zippered bag for use in future recipes like Cauliflower Fried Rice.
How To Roast Cauliflower in The Oven
Try adding extra parmesan at the end to make this super cheesy dish even better!
- Prepare cauliflower and toss it with oil and seasonings.
- Bake until tender and slightly browned and crispy, per the recipe below.
In the Air Fryer
Here’s a method for how to make this recipe in the air fryer, too:
- Preheat the air fryer and lace oiled and seasoned pieces with the parmesan cheese in a single layer with space between them.
- Fry for 12 minutes, flipping the pieces after 4. Serve immediately.
How Long Do You Roast Cauliflower?
Oven roast for 15 minutes, sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and continue to roast until the cheese is melted and the pieces are golden brown. Serve immediately with a dip or sauce. Here are a few easy low-carb favorites! This Keto Cheese Sauce is to die for with roasted cauliflower, and so is this creamy Low Carb Ranch Dressing & Dip. Another tasty option is this healthy Avocado Pesto.
- For easy cleanup, put cauliflower pieces with the olive oil and seasonings right in the roasting tray. Move the pieces around to fully coat them, then bake as directed. No bowls to wash!
- Be sure to keep pieces spaced apart on the baking sheet (or in the air fryer) to ensure even roasting all around.
- For extra crunchy cauliflower bites, place the baking pan under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
Other Cauliflower Side Dishes To Try!
- Lemon Roasted Cauliflower – a zesty dish.
- Best Roasted Cauliflower – so easy to make.
- Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese – a decadent treat.
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto (Low Carb) – excellent as an entree.
- Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – addictive side or entree!
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper optional, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425˚F
- Cut cauliflower into large bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry well.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.