Spice things up a bit with this Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe.
This quick and easy spicy garlic butter shrimp is sautéed in a simple buttery sauce that has a bit of a spicy kick to it. Tasty, super easy to make, and completely low carb and keto friendly, it’s a dish that tastes great nestled on a bed of cauliflower fried rice or homemade zoodles.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Spicy Garlic Butter Shrimp
- This spicy garlic butter shrimp recipe is very similar to the popular shrimp scampi, which is usually made with butter, lemon, and garlic.
- This dish is a nice variation on shrimp scampi. It’s made without the lemon and spices things up with some chili flakes. We all need a little spice in our lives, don’t we?
- It’s super versatile. It works well as an appetizer, a low-carb snack, or an entrée served with side dishes.
Ingredients and Variations
SHRIMP Buy frozen or fresh shrimp. The smaller shrimp will work well with this recipe (sometimes called krill shrimp). Just make sure that they are thawed before cooking.
THE SAUCE Butter, olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes. That is, it! Sometimes the simplest things have the best taste.
How To Make Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Peel & devein the shrimp
- Toss with garlic, chili flakes, salt, & pepper
- Add shrimp to a preheated pan and cook for 4-6 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley
What is a Good Side For Garlic Shrimp?
When it comes to shrimp, it’s not hard to find accompaniments that work! Garlic butter shrimp pairs well with sauteed kale with garlic & lemon, a cucumber feta salad, or a low carb caesar salad. Try it alongside a cauliflower mushroom risotto or these tasty almond pesto zoodles. And for dessert? Chocolate coconut cookies or Keto peanut butter cookies are both sweet & low carb options to finish off a meal.
- Defrosting Shrimp: If the shrimp are frozen together in the bag, then bang them gently against the counter. The other option is to place the shrimp in a bowl of cold water. Both methods will take 10 minutes or more.
- Deveining Shrimp: Run the shrimp under cold water. If removing tails, pinch at the base of the tail where it connects with the body, then pull along with the legs towards the head. The shell will slide off the shrimp rather easily. Then simply remove the vein that runs along the back, if there is one.
- Cooking Tip While frying the shrimp watch them closely. Overcooked shrimp isn’t as plump and tender. Once it turns pink, immediately take the shrimp out of the pan.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Shrimp & Zucchini– under 30 minutes.
- Easy Cajun Shrimp Recipe – delicious!
- Garlic Butter Chicken Bites – perfectly tender.
- Sauteed Kale With Garlic & Lemon – full of flavor!
- Easy Shrimp Vegetable Skillet – easy dinner idea.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- Preheat olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Toss shrimp with garlic, chili flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp are just pink.
- Remove from the heat and stir in parsley.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.