Cajun Shrimp is a one-pot wonder that is perfect in tacos or threaded onto skewers and grilled. To make this spicy shrimp, toss in a homemade cajun sauce and cook until juicy but firm.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Defrosting Shrimp Quickly
Since shrimp are so delicate, they will defrost quicker than other meats.
- Place shrimp, peeled or unpeeled, in a bowl.
- Run lukewarm water over them until they are thawed.
Another quick method is the microwave. Be sure to defrost a couple of minutes at a time, because they may actually start to cook!
How to Make Cajun Shrimp
Who doesn’t love the flavors of the Deep South? Cajun is a flavor profile that is a little savory, a little spicy, and always a crowd-pleaser!
- Combine seasonings and toss with shrimp.
- Sauté in a skillet until cooked.
Keep your eye on them because they cook very quickly! You want them to be evenly coated with the seasonings and opaque and firm.
What to Serve With It
Cajun shrimp goes great in a taco! Serve on top of red beans and cauliflower rice, Louisiana-style! Or make a cajun fried shrimp salad with a creamy dressing and some lemon wedges!
Spear each Cajun shrimp with a toothpick and serve them as an appetizer with a creamy avocado dipping sauce!
This recipe is so versatile, you’ll find more and more ways to serve them!
Reheating Shrimp Without Overcooking
Nothing is worse than chewy, rubbery shrimp!
- The best way to reheat them is to wrap them loosely in foil and bake about 15 minutes at 300°F.
- You can also toss briefly in a skillet with a little oil (or bacon grease for more flavor!) over medium heat. Just enough to get them reheated, but not overcooked.
It is best not to reheat in the microwave because they’ll get overcooked for sure!
Must-Try Main Dishes
- Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry - packed with fresh veggies!
- Crockpot Mississippi Roast - low carb/keto
- Pork Tenderloin - served with a creamy dijon sauce!
- Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole - perfect low carb meal
- Easy Low Carb Shepherd's Pie - flavorful and filling!
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper add more if you like more heat
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and toss with shrimp.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan.
- Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked pink. Do not overcook.