This savory Cajun seasoned Easy Shrimp Vegetable Skillet makes a quick and easy dinner recipe with two key ingredients – shrimp and vegetables.
This is one of those easy dinner recipes that will end up on the menu again and again. It’s spicy and garlicky, and the best part is that it is so quick to prepare and cook. Shrimp and vegetable stir fry may just become a staple in the kitchen, so keep a jar of Cajun seasoning on hand.
Easy Shrimp Vegetable Skillet
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Shrimp And Vegetable Stir Fry
- Garlic lovers are sure to enjoy this recipe, and it comes together in just one pan. So easy! Serve it up in the skillet with a side dish of cauliflower rice.
- Sometimes it can be hard to figure out what to eat, especially when everybody is hungry! With this recipe, a healthy low carb meal is ready in half an hour or less.
- It’s a cinch to find sides to go with a shrimp skillet. Try it with a side of Cauliflower Fried Rice or some Easy Homemade Zoodles. Simple!
Ingredients and Variations
SHRIMP: Use frozen or fresh shrimp, any size will do, but larger shrimp create a pleasing presentation. This recipe also works with chicken or sausage—either added or substituted. Want to serve Cajun shrimp as an appetizer? Just make this shrimp scampi or easy Cajun shrimp recipe instead.
VEGETABLES: Zucchini & peppers are great when fried together with shrimp. If serving this stir fry over zucchini noodles, feel free to sub a different vegetable in the pan. Mushrooms would work, and onions are always welcome in any stir fry. Keep a colorful mixture for the best presentation.
SEASONING: Cajun seasoning & garlic create the flavor of choice in this recipe. But feel free to come up with a signature mixture. Why not try some curry powder, a Southwest Seasoning or even a Low Carb Blackening Seasoning? This homemade Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe is also an option. Looking for something milder? Go for a simple rosemary & garlic mixture with a little soy sauce.
How To Cook Shrimp And Vegetables
This tasty shrimp skillet will be ready to enjoy in no time, just follow a few simple steps:
- Toss shrimp with oil, garlic, & seasoning (per recipe below).
- Heat remaining seasoning with oil, add vegetables.
- Remove vegetables and cook shrimp until they turn pink.
- Add vegetables back to the pan, heat, & serve.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Always handle shrimp with food safety in mind. Defrost in the refrigerator or in a bowl of cold water, and keep it separate from other food items during preparation. Peel and devein (if necessary) in the sink, and rinse. Make sure to disinfect all surfaces after cooking.
- Make sure shrimp turns pink and opaque in the pan. As soon as the shrimp turns pink, it is ready. For tender and juicy shrimp, don’t overcook it.
- The shrimp & vegetables release some juices while cooking which mix with the garlic and Cajun seasoning to make just enough liquid for a light sauce. Need extra? Transfer the stir fry to a serving bowl and deglaze the pan with a cup of fish sauce, or some chicken or seafood broth. To thicken use a little cornstarch. Strict keto? Use half a teaspoon of psyllium husk or some glucomannan powder to keep it totally low carb.
- This recipe can be made on the grill, in a cast-iron skillet. Or grill the shrimp separately, then add them to the sauteed vegetables for a taste of the outdoors. Delish!
More Seafood Recipes
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe – garlicky and delicious.
- Shrimp & Zucchini – ready in less than 30 min!
- Easy Cajun Shrimp Recipe – another spicy recipe.
- Low Carb Crab Dip – full of flavor.
Easy Shrimp Vegetable Skillet
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons cajun seasoning divided
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 2 bell peppers cubed
- Toss shrimp in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of oil, garlic, and ½ tablespoon of cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and seasonings over medium heat in a large pan, then add the vegetables. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until shrimp is pink and cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Put vegetables back in the pan and cook until heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- Defrost frozen shrimp in the refrigerator or in a bowl of cold water, and keep separate from other food items during preparation.
- Shrimp is cooked once it turns pink and opaque. For tender and juicy shrimp, do not overcook it.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Shrimp and Vegetables recipe!