This low carb Shrimp and Zucchini recipe is a one-pan wonder!
Tender chunks of zucchini are sautéed in a creamy garlic pesto sauce, then tossed with shrimp! Eating healthy has never been more colorful or flavorful. Within minutes an aromatic and delicious shrimp and zucchini stir fry can be on the table.
Shrimp and Zucchini
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
Everyone loves a quick and easy veggie stir fry recipe, especially one that looks restaurant-ready! It’s tasty and versatile, and most of all, low carb.
Fish and shellfish are a keto lover’s dream and shrimp is no exception. Shrimp have zero net carbs, and are packed with selenium, Vitamin B, and a whopping 18 grams of protein! This dish can be served with a fresh and tangy coleslaw, but it is perfect served all on it’s own.
How To Stir Fry Zucchini and Shrimp
This is one of the easiest and quickest low carb recipes out there, but the flavor is absolutely enticing!
- Prepare the zucchini and shrimp as per recipe below.
- Cook shrimp and set aside.
- Add zucchini and spices to hot pan and until zucchini is tender. Add cream and pesto for 1 minute.
- Return shrimp to pan and heat through. Serve immediately.
What Goes Well With A Stir Fry?
Many stir fries are served over rice or noodles. But if you choose to stay low carb, consider using cauliflower rice or, if you really love zucchini, even zucchini noodles!
This Shrimp and Zucchini Stir Fry is perfect served all by itself, but it can also be served with other dishes that would compliment each other. A side coleslaw salad is fresh and delicious, and brussel sprouts or cauliflower would also be great accompaniments. Why not make a pitcher of detox water for a refreshing way to rinse it all down!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- It’s easy to mix things up and customize this recipe. Why not use sweet potatoes, yellow squash, or even chopped asparagus in it? Try some bean sprouts, water chestnuts, or mushrooms to elevate this amazingly versatile dish!
- One of our favorite things about this recipe is how quickly it comes together! For best results, avoid overcooking the shrimp and zucchini so it stays tender.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for about 3 days. Freeze cooled shrimp and zucchini in a zippered bag with the date written on the outside and it will keep about a month.
- Store bought pesto is always convenient, but you can always make your own fresh pesto!
Other One Pan Meals To Try!
- Low Carb Pork and Cabbage Skillet – easy and delicious!
- Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl – ready in under and hour.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – perfect side dish.
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon – for cabbage lovers!
Shrimp and Zucchini
- 12 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 small zucchini about ¾ lb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Cut zucchini in half and then into 1/2" slices.
- Season shrimp with salt & pepper.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a skillet. Add shrimp and cook just until pink and almost cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add zucchini, garlic, oregano, chili flakes and salt & pepper to taste. Stir fry 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is tender crisp.
- Add cream and pesto, simmer 1 minute. Stir in shrimp (and any juices on the plate) and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.