Perk up lunch with this easy Tuna Egg Salad recipe.
This creamy tuna salad with egg is perfect served as is, or as a low-carb sandwich wrapped in crisp lettuce cups. It will be hard not to devour this flavorful salad with crunchy dill pickles that make the perfect companion to the mayonnaise, tuna, and egg.
Easy Tuna And Egg Salad
- Fall in love with this tuna salad! It’s low carb (keto), and packed full of protein and flavor.
- Dress up that simple can of tuna with a few extra ingredients and be the envy at the office lunch table.
- Crunchy pickles, creamy mayo, celery, and flavorful tuna are some of the easy-to-include ingredients.
- Healthy, easy to make, and low in calories, this tuna fish salad is better than any high-carb macaroni salad.
Ingredients And Variations
TUNA: Drain the water or oil from the tuna before mixing it into the salad. When purchasing the tuna make sure that it is chunk or flake. For added flavor purchase the tuna with added seasonings.
PICKLE: Dill, Kosher, German, Polish, or overnight refrigerator pickles will do for this recipe. Just remember to chop them finely.
VARIATIONS: In the place of pickles, use relish. And don’t hesitate to replace the yellow mustard with other flavored mustards like dijon, honey mustard, spicy brown, or whole grain mustard.
How To Make Tuna Salad With Eggs
Bring this tuna and egg salad to potlucks, picnics, or BBQs! It’s ready in minutes!
- Hard boil the eggs and peel.
- Dice the pickles, celery, and onions.
- Mash the eggs and mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the tuna (as per the recipe below).
- Tuna salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 3-5 days.
- Make it ahead of time and have it ready for lunches all week, or to bring along to a potluck or BBQ.
- Freezing may change the texture of the mayonnaise and is not recommended.
Low Carb Tuna Sandwich Options
- Easy Cloud Bread Recipe – tasty with tuna on top!
- Keto Biscuit Recipe – use as a yummy low carb sandwich bun.
- Basic Chaffle Recipe – sandwich bread with a difference!
- Fathead Pizza Crust – tuna on a pizza crust? Why not!
- Easy Curry Tuna Salad – a tasty twist.
Tuna Egg Salad
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces tuna well drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons dill pickle chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once water reaches a rolling boil, turn off heat and cover pot. Keep eggs covered in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water and place in a bowl filled with ice and water. Once the eggs are cool enough, peel them and place in a bowl
- Use a fork to mash the eggs. Add remaining ingredients (except for the tuna) and mix well.
- Gently fold in the tuna.
- Serve in lettuce cups, over salad or wrapped in low carb tortillas.
- Nutrition is calculated without a serving vessel such as lettuce cups or tortillas.
- Keep tuna salad covered in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Freezing tuna salad changes the texture and is not recommended.
REPIN this Tuna Egg Salad recipe!