This Zucchini Frittata is a full meal deal!
Low carb frittatas are a recipe dream come true for keto followers! Loaded with protein, colorfully healthy veggies, and loads of melty cheese, this recipe is totally delicious. A light and fluffy low-carb frittata is just the meal ticket for breakfast, lunch, or a light dinner. Grab one for a quick snack, served hot or cold!
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is a Frittata?
Unlike a carb loaded quiche, frittatas are crustless and can be made with any combination of veggies, cheese, and seasonings. This zucchini frittata recipe is perfect on its own or with any variety of low-carb veggies. Add in options are endless.
Low Carb Frittata
- A fast and foolproof brunch made in one skillet in less than an hour – please and thank you!
- Affordable frittatas are great meal prep ideas for a busy week that help keeps low-carb lovers on track!
- Low carb ingredients, mix-ins, and toppings mean that a frittata can be a new recipe every time!
Ingredients and Variations
EGGS AND CHEESE – These are the basics for any frittata. Choose large eggs and bright and tangy cheddar cheese. For an extra fluffy frittata with a protein boost add two egg whites. Monterey Jack, Swiss, Colby, Feta, and Mexican Cotija are all strong-flavored cheeses that melt well in frittatas.
VEGETABLES – Zucchini, onions, and red bell peppers take the stage here, but any combination of low carb veggies like tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, thinly sliced Brussels sprouts, or asparagus adds to the flavor and visual appeal of a frittata. A small amount of hash brown potatoes can be added, but remember they are not keto!
MEAT – Bacon is low carb? You bet! Cooked bacon pieces add extra protein and that classic flavor to any frittata, but small dices of ham or even leftover cooked chicken, turkey, or smoked or even air-fried salmon will elevate a frittata into a main dish!
How To Make Zucchini Frittata
Frittata might sound fancy, but the steps are as easy as can be!
- Cook bacon and sauté veggies in bacon fat.
- Add egg mixture and top with cheddar and bacon.
- Bake until set. Rest before serving.
PRO TIP: Place frittata under the broiler for an extra crispy top!
What To Serve with Frittata
So many low-carb options for a frittata side! A few popular faves include this Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe, and a few strips of Air Fryer Bacon Recipe. Mix up a batch of this Basic Chaffle Recipe and it will be a feast! Share with a pitcher of Slimming Detox Water.
Leftover zucchini frittata will keep well as long as it’s covered and kept in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Serve cold or reheat portions in the microwave.
Other Delicious Low Carb Dishes!
- Cheesy Chorizo Frittata – spicy and delicious.
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche (Keto) – 10 minute prep.
- Sausage Egg Casserole – perfect for brunch.
- Keto Breakfast Pizza – quick and easy breakfast.
- 6 slices raw bacon choppped
- 2 Tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper diced
- 8 eggs
- ¼ Tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook bacon in an 8" skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Reserve bacon fat in the pan.
- Add onion, zucchini and bell pepper. Cook until zucchini is tender crisp.
- Whisk eggs, cream, and seasonings.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and top with cheddar and bacon.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until eggs are set. Broil 1-2 minutes if desired.
- Rest at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.