For an easy and savory baked meringue recipe, try these Baked Cheese Meringues. They have the perfect pop of parmesan cheese flavor and are prepped in no time!
These beautiful little keto meringues bake up light and fluffy and they have that melt-in-your-mouth texture. Bet you can’t eat just one! Crispy and delightful, this baked meringue recipe is ideal for a special occasion, or for when the munchies strike.
Baked Cheese Meringues
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SNACKS & APPETIZERS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Meringue Recipe
- Low carb and keto lovers have so many options when it comes to cheese recipes. Bake up a batch of these baked meringues for parties, potlucks, or anytime a snack attack hits.
- Also called “keto popcorn”, savory meringues are as easy to make as they are elegant to look at! Offer these as an appetizer or top onto a low-carb soup or salad.
Cheese Meringue Ingredients
CHEESE: Choose one or a variety of cheeses for a signature snack. Parmesan cheese has a bright, tangy flavor and melts well into the meringue. Finely shredded cheddar, Swiss, Gruyere, even a pre-packaged Mexican blend will create new variations.
SEASONINGS: This easy meringue recipe comes with even easier seasonings! Salt and pepper are the perfect complement to the tangy parmesan. But, it’s fun to experiment with new seasonings, too! Try this keto-approved spicy blend of Southwest Seasoning, or sprinkle on some Keto Dry Rub for a little color and a burst of bold flavor!
Let’s Make Cheese Meringue!
This simple meringue recipe has only 3 ingredients and super easy prep:
- Whip egg whites and fold in seasonings.
- Portion them onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake as per the recipe below.
How Long to Bake Meringue
- Bake until tops are slightly golden on top, about 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let cheese meringues dry out completely about 1 hour.
PRO TIP: Don’t remove the meringues from the oven too soon as the change in air temperature will make them crack and sink.
- Use large eggs to create the most height for the meringues.
- Over mixing the meringue will prevent it from properly puffing up.
- Pipe the meringue onto the prepared baking sheet for uniformly shaped meringues. Scoop batter into a zip bag and cut the corner off of one side for quick and easy piping.
Why is My Meringue Runny?
Runny meringue can be avoided by thoroughly whipping the egg whites into stiff peaks. Add ⅛ teaspoon of cream of tartar per egg white to keep the whites stiff.
How to Store Meringue?
Keep cheese meringues in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Store them with a slice of bread to absorb any extra moisture. Enjoy them at room temperature or reheat in the oven.
Other Easy Appetizers and Snacks!
- Mozzarella Cheese Crisps – just 5 minute prep!
- Ranch Pork Rinds – so crispy.
- Cajun Pork Bites – tender and delicious.
- Oven Roasted Radishes – appetizer or side.
- Keto Pickle Chips – the perfect snack combination.
Baked Cheese Meringues
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Grease a baking sheet and lightly dust with flour.
- Whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in cheese and seasonings.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon amounts onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Meringues should be slightly golden on top when done.
- Turn off oven and leave the door open to let the meringues dry out for 30-60 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.