This Keto Dry Rub Recipe will give so many cuts of meat a beautiful and distinctive crust.
This is the best dry rub because it is low carb and has a balance of flavors that will make a steak or chicken breast mouth-watering. Dry rubs are like a sprinkle of magic to meat. When properly rubbed in, rubs give cuts of meat a boost of flavor. Cook with style and try this rub on meat for the grill or the oven.
Keto Dry Rub Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIY Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
The Best Dry Rub
- This dry rub is the best because it is sweetened with swerve (not sugar), and therefore low carb and keto. It is a bit spicy and has a smoke flavor.
- Double this recipe and keep it on hand for the next cookout or family BBQ.
- This rub is so all-purpose because it can be used as a seasoning for other dishes like pork chops, Oven Baked Ribs, a Pork Loin Roast, beef brisket, or Keto Pork Tenderloin. It even works on Air Fryer Roast Chicken or a Salmon Air Fryer Recipe
Ingredients and Variations
SWERVE: This sugar replacement is a natural sweetener made from fruit. It is lower on the glycemic index, meaning that it is good for those on a keto or low carb diet. If Swerve can’t be found at the local store, then substitute brown sugar. However, this will not be keto if this substitute is made.
THE SPICES: There are a lot of traditional spices in this rub. However, these spices are in the perfect combination and yield fantastic results.
How To Make Keto Dry Rub Recipe
There are so few steps to this ultimate rub:
- Measure and mix!
There, wasn’t that easy?
To be successful with rubs there are a couple of points to remember.
- First, remember to pat the meat dry. If the meat is wet, then the spices won’t adhere properly to the meat.
- Secondly, a little olive oil drizzled on the meat before rubbing will also help the spices coat evenly.
- Store the rub like any other spice. Keeping it in a shaker will come in handy for sprinkling.
- Like most spices, it should be kept in a cool, dry location.
- Adding a few dried beans or rice to the spice will keep it from clumping.
- It will keep in the cupboard for a year. But remember, spices tend to lose their potency and flavor over time.
Use This Rub With Some of Our Other Recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs – try these fall off the bone ribs.
- Roasted Chicken Breast – so many uses for this chicken breast.
- Best Pork Loin Roast Recipe – this rub goes great with pork.
- Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings – crispy wings doused in BBQ sauce and a spicy rub.
- Crock Pot BBQ Ribs Recipe – set it and forget it!
Keto Dry Rub Recipe
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Swerve sweetener brown sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 6 months.