Keto Chocolate Mug Cake is a small portioned dessert for two that definitely takes a bite out of any sugar craving.
This low carb dessert is cooked in the microwave and made with almond flour, cream, and low-calorie sweeteners. It’s quick and easy to whip up, which is perfect for last minute guests. And it makes the best tasty afternoon snack!
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DESSERTS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Chocolate Mug Cake
- A microwave chocolate mug is an excellent and easy way to whip up a dessert without making a mess of the kitchen. Plus it only takes a minute or two in the microwave.
- This recipe makes two small portions, perfect for sharing with someone you care about. Or keep them both for yourself!
- Frost this mug cake with the frosting found in this Keto Chocolate Cupcakes recipe, or serve it with some Keto Bulletproof Coffee. Better yet, use this recipe to make a chocolate lava cake.
Ingredients and Substitutions
ALMOND FLOUR: Almond flour is a great substitute for wheat flour. It is also ideal for anyone on a keto diet because it is low on the glycemic index and rich in mono-saturated fat.
THE SWEETENER: Two sweeteners are called for in this recipe; Stevia and Swerve. Both can be found in the baking section of the local supermarket. Swerve is a natural sweetener made from certain fruits and vegetables and be used at the same ratio as sugar.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Quick and easy substitutions include almond butter for peanut butter, and almond flour for coconut flour.
How To Make Chocolate Mug Cake
An easy microwave chocolate mug cake for two!
- Grease two small bowls or mugs.
- Whisk together almond butter, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips.
- Add to bowls and top with chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave. (As per recipe below)
Keto Mug Cake Toppings
Don’t stop at this simple base of a cake when there are so many topping options. Serve chocolate mug cake with some whipped cream, or drizzled with caramel or chocolate sauce. Or sprinkle with some toasted coconut or cover it with with a delicious frosting.
- Cook mug cake in the microwave until the batter is firm on the outside, but still slightly doughy on the inside.
- Grease ramekin, microwavable bowl, or mug before adding the batter.
- Add a pinch of baking powder to the batter to help it to rise a little.
- Keep leftover mug cake for one day at room temperature. Simply reheat for a few seconds in the microwave.
Quick And Easy Desserts!
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – a classic dessert!
- Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe – light and fluffy.
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies – for coconut lovers!
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies – super easy so make.
- Sugar Free Meringues – melt in your mouth delicious.
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons almond flour
- 4 teaspoons Swerve Confectioners
- 10 drops stevia
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon low carb chocolate chips such as Lily's
- Spray 2 small bowls or mugs with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.
- Whisk together melted butter, almond butter, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Place the batter in the prepared mugs and top with chocolate chips.
- Microwave until the batter is cooked along the outside, but slightly doughy in the center, about 1 to 1½ minutes.
- Grease bowl liberally before adding batter.
- Batter will be firm on the outside, but still slightly doughy on the inside.
- Mug cake can remain for one day at room temperature. Refresh in microwave for a few seconds.
- PRO TIP: A pinch of baking powder added to the batter will help it rise a little.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.