This Bacon Broccoli Air Fryer Recipe makes a delicious low carb side dish that everyone will love!
Air fryer and keto followers will love this bacon broccoli! Savory, slightly sweet broccoli, and salty bacon are a winning combination every time. This delicious recipe is quick and easy to throw together, and the air fryer does all the work. It makes a yummy side dish with nutritious broccoli that goes with everything!
Bacon Broccoli Air Fryer Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Bacon up-levels the taste of everything. In this air fryer broccoli recipe, the florets are lightly tossed in the leftover bacon grease and then roasted to crispy perfection!
- With minimal cleanup and maximum flavor, the air fryer makes it easy to cook this low-carb side dish in minutes.
- Short on time? Frozen broccoli florets will work, simply add a few extra minutes to the cook time.
- Use leftover broccoli and bacon in this cheesy Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole, that simply switches out carb-heavy pasta for cauliflower, and make a low-carb chicken alfredo dish!
Three Ingredient Recipe
BROCCOLI: Always choose heads of broccoli that are firm, intact, and free of broken pieces or bruised stalks. Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, or bell peppers can be added to the broccoli.
BACON: Plain bacon works perfectly in this recipe, but pepper bacon, maple bacon, or brown sugar bacon are fun flavors to try. Just check ingredients to make sure it’s still keto!
PEPPER: The only seasoning needed, and add to taste. So simple!
VARIATIONS: The air fryer makes cooking veggies super easy. Add other low-carb veggies and make a colorful vegetable medley.
How to Prepare Broccoli
Break a large head of broccoli apart and then break off the florets into smaller, equally sized pieces for uniform air frying. Break off leaves if desired. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Cut off the stalks from each floret, if desired, and freeze them to dice and add to soups, salads, or smoothies.
How to Make Air Fryer Broccoli and Bacon
Simple, savory, and oh-so delish, this low carb recipe comes together in just a few easy steps:
- Cook bacon in the air fryer until crisp.
- Drain pieces on a clean paper towel.
- Toss florets with bacon grease and season (as per recipe below).
- Cook broccoli until it is tender and crisp, shaking basket to toss once.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
PRO TIP: Top bacon broccoli with toasted sliced almonds for a crunchy, keto-approved garnish!
Air Fryer Tips
- The secret to perfect air fryer cooking is to preheat the air fryer. The hot air seals the outside of the food making it crispy while keeping the inside nice and tender.
- Shake the basket halfway through cooking so the air circulates around all of the pieces evenly.
- When in doubt, sample a piece of cooked broccoli to check for doneness, overcooked broccoli does not taste good!
What to Serve with Bacon and Broccoli
So many low-carb recipes go with bacon and broccoli! Put the air fryer to use again with this delicious Salmon Air Fryer Recipe, or make this delish Creamy Dijon Chicken Breasts in a skillet. Why not try the Best Oven Baked Ribs, Keto Pork Tenderloin or Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu. Need a quick dinner that’s a sure hit? Go for these Easy Turkey Burgers. And for dessert, try this yummy Keto Chocolate Mousse.
Easy Air Fryer Sides
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli – ready in 15 minutes.
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – so delicious.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe – a side or appetizer.
- Air Fryer Squash – easy to make.
Bacon Broccoli Air Fryer Recipe
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 4 cups broccoli florets cut to uniform size
- black pepper to taste
- Place bacon in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350°F for about 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- While bacon is cooking, place broccoli in a large bowl.
- Once bacon is crisped, remove from the air fryer and set aside. You should have about 2 tablespoons bacon grease in the bottom of the air fryer.
- Pour the bacon grease over the broccoli and toss well to combine. Season with pepper to taste.
- Place the broccoli in the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 8-10 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve.
- Preheat the air fryer so the hot air seals the outside of the food making it deliciously crisp.
- Do not overcrowd the basket and shake or toss broccoli halfway through cooking.
- Do not over cook the broccoli.