Easy Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of the best main dishes for a low carb lifestyle!
Make these tasty stuffed chicken breasts and bake in the oven for a keto entree that’s perfect for guests. This recipe is impressive looking and tasting. Wow house guests with these keto Cordon Bleu roll ups, without having to make a separate dish!
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What Is Cordon Bleu?
- These yummy little Keto Cordon Bleu rollups are perfect little portions. So appetizing, whether served whole or made into a casserole. Everything is keto, from the pork rind mixture to the creamy sauce that goes on top!
- Ideal for make-ahead prep—simply prepare as directed and refrigerate. When guests arrive, pop in the oven and heat up the sauce on low.
- Leftovers can be frozen and reheated in the oven. Place a cooked portion in an individual baker and heat at 350°F until warmed through. So easy! Rollups could even be reheated in the air fryer, if available. Or refrigerate and take along for the best next-day lunch ever.
What’s in Chicken Cordon Bleu?
MEAT Use boneless, skinless breasts. The chicken will be butterflied and pounded to ¼” thick. This allows it to be wrapped around the other ingredients to create a rollup style Cordon Bleu. Ham can be sandwich meat, as long as it doesn’t have any ingredients that interfere with the keto diet.
DAIRY Heavy cream & cream cheese form the base of the savory sauce, giving it a rich keto texture. What kind of cheese is in Chicken Cordon Bleu? Swiss cheese is usually the top choice, lending Cordon Bleu that classic ham and swiss flavor. Or choose from stronger tasting cheeses like Brie, Camembert, or even Cheddar, or go for mild-flavored slices of Mozzarella, Provolone, or Monterey Jack. (Just be aware that they will melt differently than swiss cheese does.)
SAUCE Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard, as well as chicken boullion, make turn cream into a super savory, super delicious sauce that can also be used on anything from Hard Boiled Eggs to a Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche (Keto). So make a double batch for other keto uses! It combines perfectly with the butter garlic and keto breadcrumb topping on this chicken.
How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu
It’s simple to make this fancy-looking entree:
- Prepare the chicken breasts (as per recipe below).
- Place ham & cheese on each half and roll up, secure with toothpicks.
- Roll chicken in butter & garlic mixture, then pork rinds & almond flour mixture.
- While chicken is baking, make sauce. Stir in parmesan & seasoning.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
What Goes With Chicken Cordon Bleu
So many things can successfully be served alongside Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu. Have it with a side dish of Sautéed Asparagus and Mushrooms or Sauteed Kale With Garlic & Lemon. Serve with the Best Greek Salad Recipe and some Keto Scalloped Potatoes(Daikon). Or have it with Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli or Air Fryer Squash. So many recipes to choose from. For dessert, why not make these delish Keto Chocolate Cupcakes?
- Use a sharp fillet knife to butterfly the chicken!
- If making individual portions seems complicated, cut the chicken into chunks, dice ham & cheese, and mix together with garlic in a baker dish. Cover with sauce & keto breadcrumb mixture. Dot with butter and bake at 350°F until chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F. Voila! Keto Cordon Bleu Casserole!
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and can be frozen, too. Don’t freeze the sauce. Chicken Cordon Bleu will taste best if used within 4-6 months.
Other Delish Low Carb Entrees!
- Baked Crack Chicken – very addictive!
- Creamy Dijon Chicken Breasts – easy and delicious.
- Skillet Chicken and Mushrooms – simple one pan entree.
- Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole – just 20 minute prep.
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup crushed pork rinds
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth or to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- Butterfly the chicken open and pound to ¼” thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Roll up tucking the ends in and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine butter and garlic in a small dish. Mix almond flour and pork rinds in a separate bowl. Roll chicken in the butter and then the almond/pork rind mixture.
- Place in a baking dish and spray chicken with cooking spray. Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- While chicken is cooking, melt cream cheese in a medium skillet.
- Add in cream, Dijon, bouillon, Worcestershire and chicken broth. Stir until smooth and bring to a simmer. Let simmer uncovered until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over chicken.
- Be sure chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165˚F for safe consumption.
- Use a sharp fillet knife to butterfly the chicken.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days and freeze in an airtight container for 4-6 months.