The Best Oven Baked Ribs are the perfect way to enjoy a delicious low-carb lifestyle!
Juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender, these oven baked back ribs are an easy-to-prepare entrée that everyone loves. This simple pork recipe is a year-round winner. Similar to Instant Pot BBQ Ribs, oven baked BBQ ribs are a slow cooked to juicy perfection. It’s the main dish that always pleases!
Best Oven Baked Ribs
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Oven Baked Barbecue Ribs
- Use pork country ribs, or baby back beef ribs, either way, this easy rib recipe is the slow-cooked version of a smoker or grill recipe.
- It has all the juicy tender perfection of slow-cooked ribs, but it’s baked in the oven in no time at all.
- It has a tasty dry rub that’s perfect for seasoning ribs any time!
- It’s a super easy-to-make keto recipe.
Ingredients and Variations
RIBS Baby back ribs are often found pre-cut and pre-packaged, either pork or beef, so they’re super easy to work with.
DRY RUB This recipe for oven-baked ribs dry rub can also serve as a universal seasoning mix for all kinds of meat and veggies. It uses brown sugar Swerve as the sweetener for a keto version, but feel free to use any favorite sugar substitute or even plain brown sugar if it’s not off the menu.
How To Bake Ribs In the Oven
It’s simple to make this delish recipe:
- Prepare bbq rib rub ingredients. Whisk together a bowl to fully incorporate.
- Prepare the rack of ribs and pat them dry. Press the dry rub into the meat & cook low and slow in the oven until the meat is tender, (per the recipe below).
- Discard the onions & garlic. Brush the rack with olive oil and sprinkle on salt & pepper. Brush on extra BBQ sauce.
- Grill until the sauce on the ribs adheres, or place them under the broiler for about 3 minutes.
- For a rack of ribs, peel off the thin silver membrane from the backside of the ribs. Pat the ribs dry before seasoning.
- For easy dry rubs, press the seasoning into all parts of the meat.
- Place the ribs on a rack in the oven so the fat drains off the ribs as they cook.
- Basting or brushing the sauce is optional, but recommended!
- Serve it with cauliflower mac and cheese, roasted brussels sprouts or cauliflower fried rice and chaffles on the side. Add a tasty cherry tomato salad and dinner is ready!
Easy Entrees Made In Oven
- Best Pork Loin Roast Recipe – juicy and tender.
- Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Recipe – so easy to make!
- Keto Lasagna Zucchini Boats – a complete meal.
- Keto Pork Tenderloin – perfect any day of the week.
Best Oven Baked Ribs
- 3 pounds baby back ribs 2 slabs
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Swerve brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Mix together rib rub ingredients.
- Remove the white membrane from the back side of the ribs (the side with less meat). It should pull off easily. Rinse ribs under cold water and blot dry with paper towels.
- Massage rib rub into ribs. Place ribs on a foil-lined tray and cover with sliced onion and garlic.
- Bake ribs for 2 hours. After 2 hours check to see if they are tender. If not, bake another 20 minutes and check again.
- Remove ribs and discard juices, onions & garlic. Brush ribs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper or brush generously with BBQ sauce.
- Grill or broil over medium-high heat 5-10 minutes until sauce adheres to the meat.