Finally a Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole that is easy to make and the whole family can enjoy!
This simple keto chicken broccoli casserole will take center stage on the table and everyone will want seconds, and maybe even thirds! Serve it with our cucumber salad with feta, and dinner is served in under an hour!
Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Keto doesn’t have to be hard and this cheesy chicken casserole is the perfect recipe to pop in the oven or prepare and bake later! We love this recipe because it’s so rich and creamy! Stuffed with chicken, broccoli, and cheddar cheese, it’s great for a buffet or a potluck and no one has to worry about carbs!
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT Shredded chicken (or leftover shredded turkey) lends itself to the base of this casserole, however, they can be left out for a vegetarian option. Who doesn’t love broccoli and cheese on its own?
CAULIFLOWER Cauliflower rice lends a low-cal fiber component to this recipe and a mild flavor that complements the other ingredients like cream and butter.
VARIATIONS But, to add more depth to the dish, we like to add mushrooms, strips of bell peppers, even jalapenos with lots of extra cheese!
How To Make Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Super easy chicken broccoli casserole is ready in just a few easy steps!
- Simmer broccoli until just crisp, while sautéing onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning in butter.
- Stir in cream cheese, add cream and broth, stir in cheddar cheese.
- Add chicken, veggies, and sauce to pan. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly.
Tips, Tricks, and Timesavers
- We love this recipe because you can use leftover chicken but even fresh chicken can be used. Pre-cook shredded chicken in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Frozen veggies are okay, but be sure to allow extra baking time to melt off the extra liquid that they’ll produce. Or thaw and drain them before cooking. We love a colorful frozen medley of pre-packaged carrots, corn, and peas!
- Cut broccoli away from the stems (freeze for other recipes!) and use only the florets.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese so that it is soft enough to incorporate into the broth and the cheddar cheese.
- Make this luscious casserole ahead and save in the refrigerator until it’s ready to reheat.
- This casserole is also easy to freeze! Simply bake it in a foil-lined casserole dish. Once it’s fully cooled, lift it from the casserole dish and wrap it in the foil and then plastic wrap. This saves the casserole dish for another use. Label with the date, and freeze for up to 2 months.
Other Delicious Low Carb Casseroles!
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole – a delicious side dish!
- Cordon Bleu Casserole – classic entree.
- Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole – so easy to assemble.
- Enchilada Casserole – family favorite recipe.
- Chicken and Spaghetti Squash – perfect one pan meal.
Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 5 cups broccoli
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cauliflower rice thawed if frozen
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup light cream
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add 1 cup of water in the bottom of a large skillet with a lid. Add broccoli and bring to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain in a strainer and let cool.
- Cook onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning in butter until onion is tender. Stir in cream cheese and cook on medium heat until smooth.
- Add cream and broth and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 ½ cups of cheese.
- Combine chicken, broccoli, cauliflower rice, and sauce. Spread into a 9 x 13" dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through.