In this savory Creamy Dijon Chicken Breasts recipe, chicken breast is pan-seared and cooked in a decadent and easy-to-make sauce.
This recipe is so simple, yet the sauce has such a complex flavor. Dijon mustard adds a little bit of tangy spice to the creamy wine-infused sauce. Dijon chicken breast is a delicious low carb dinner that will end on the dinner rotation again and again!
Creamy Dijon Chicken Breasts
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Low Carb Dijon Chicken
- This dijon chicken recipe is a savory and creamy meal that is so easy to make as a main dish. It would go great with a side dish of Cauliflower Fried Rice or Easy Homemade Zoodles.
- Cook like a professional with this recipe. Nothing is better than a meal with complex flavors yet is so simple and easy. A splash of wine, some dijon, and cream come together beautifully in this main dish.
Ingredients and Variations
THE CHICKEN – Choose fresh or frozen, skinless and boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. Boneless and skinless chicken thighs could also be used as a replacement for the breasts.
DIJON CREAM SAUCE – Some sauteed garlic, grainy Dijon, soy sauce, dry white wine, and cream are the secret ingredients to this sauce.
VARIATIONS – For extra flavoring to this recipe try making a honey marinade for the chicken breast. For a grande finale, top it with some parmesan cheese or crumbled bacon.
How To Make Chicken Dijon
This one-pot meal will be ready in no time!
- Brown the chicken.
- Remove chicken from the pan. Cook the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook as per the recipe below.
What to Serve With Creamy Dijon Chicken
A dish like this would go great with some potato-like recipes like Keto Scalloped Potatoes (Daikon), Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, Lemon Roasted Cauliflower, or some Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- When pan-searing the chicken make sure that it is slightly browned on both sides.
- Also don’t crowd the chicken in the pan. There should be enough room for all the chicken and the sauce.
- When reducing the wine in the pan watch it carefully. It should be reduced by half before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes To Try!
- Skillet Chicken and Mushrooms – easy one pan entree.
- Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Recipe – so juicy!
- Garlic Butter Chicken Bites – perfect for dinner or an appetizer.
- Butterflied Chicken – easy way to cook a whole chicken.
Creamy Dijon Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Pound chicken to an even thickness. Season generously with salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add white wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes. Whisk in Dijon, soy sauce and heavy cream. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan and simmer until heated through. *see note below
- Be sure the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to check.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Creamy Dijon Chicken Breasts recipe!