This is the easiest recipe for Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables ever!
No peeling, slicing, or chopping vegetables, since everything from the cabbage slaw to the cauliflower rice is already prepped. Make this low-carb, garlic ginger chicken and veggie stir fry when time is tight and tummies are grumbling! Why not make it for dinner tonight?
Easy Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What is Stir Fry?
Homemade easy stir fry is a one-skillet wonder made with the meat and veggies all cooked together in a sweet, savory, or spicy sauce. Stir fry is a great way to turn leftover meat and veggies into a brand-new dish!
Easy Stir Fry
- Ready in minutes using a bag of cauliflower rice and pre-made shredded cabbage (the coleslaw variety). It’s colorful, crunchy, and keto!
- Make this super quick weeknight stir fry and have it on the table in minutes with only one pan to clean!
- This is one of the best recipes for a crowd! Make batches and keep warm in a Crockpot for easy self-service! Delicious served with a side of Roasted Green Beans some Perfectly Roasted Peppers and a Cucumber Feta Salad.
Ingredients and Variations
Stir fry chicken and vegetables are so versatile, it’s like a new recipe every time!
CHICKEN- Ground chicken absorbs the flavors of garlic, ginger, and aminos, but ground beef and shrimp will also get the job done.
VEGETABLES – Cauliflower and cabbage are low-carb favorites, but other veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, and broccoli add nutrition, color, and flavor!
SAUCE – The sauce practically makes itself! Sesame oil has a light and slightly nutty flavor and the amino acids add that authentic Asian ‘umami’ flavor. Soy sauce is a good substitute for the amino acids, and for a spicy kick, sprinkle in some red pepper flakes or a drizzle of sriracha.
How To Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables
This recipe brings new meaning to the word simple!
- Brown chicken with ginger and garlic.
- Add cauliflower rice and 2/3 of the coleslaw mix and cook until tender.
- Add remaining coleslaw mix, season, and serve.
PRO TIP: Garnish with sliced green onions or crushed peanuts.
How to Store Leftovers
Stir fry chicken and vegetables taste even better the next day! Store in a covered container and it will keep up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop.
Portions can be frozen in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 weeks. Drain the thawed mixture and add some fresh coleslaw mix and cauliflower rice since it might be soft.
Other Low Carb Skillet Ideas!
- Low Carb Pork and Cabbage Skillet – only 15 minute prep.
- Cheesy Taco Skillet – for cheese lovers!
- Skillet Chicken and Mushrooms – absolutely delicious.
- Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice – 15 minute recipe!
- Fried Cabbage and Sausage – ready in 30 minutes.
Easy Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 pound ground chicken or beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 small bag coleslaw mix
- 2 Tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Brown chicken, garlic and ginger in a very large skillet until no pink remains.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and ⅔ of the coleslaw mix. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining coleslaw mix and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Season with aminos and sesame oil to taste.
- Chicken should be cooked to a temperature of 165˚F for safe consumption.
- Optional: Garnish with sliced green onions or crushed peanuts.
- Refrigerate this chicken and veggie stir fry in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat on the stovetop.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.